PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel lefty with Moonburst

kyken
Sep-26-2016, 12:46pm
Latest from my shop. Wish I could play it, but I can tell its a good one.:))

Bill Kammerzell
Sep-26-2016, 3:15pm
Latest from my shop. Wish I could play it, but I can tell its a good one.:))

That's a beauty Ken!

wildpikr
Sep-27-2016, 11:41am
Nice! That's a fine looking mirror image mandolin! :grin:

Skip Kelley
Sep-28-2016, 7:32pm
Wow, Ken that looks awesome! I like that burst!

Tavy
Sep-29-2016, 12:02pm
Beautiful as ever!

How are the brain cells doing after being forced to string up the wrong way round? Takes mine about a day to recover from the shock :)

kyken
Sep-29-2016, 3:44pm
Beautiful as ever!

How are the brain cells doing after being forced to string up the wrong way round? Takes mine about a day to recover from the shock :)
Thanks Skip. Well, It is a mess trying to adjust to working backwards. I remember one time after working all day on a lefty, I couldn't shift my standard shift car. Had to think about it awhile.:)

Skip Kelley
Sep-30-2016, 5:51am
I helped a left handed buddy of mine put together a left handed guitar from a kit. It was a challenge for me to do this left handed. I had to keep checking myself and the plans we were using. The funny thing my buddy installed the side dots on his fretboard as though it was right handed!

wildpikr
Sep-30-2016, 7:08am
Might have a new term here for builders...

ambi-mando-dextrous, def. luthier's ability to build mandolins for left-handed and right-handed players

A lefty and righty in the same band would look interesting, huh?:disbelief:

kyken
Sep-30-2016, 8:43am
I helped a left handed buddy of mine put together a left handed guitar from a kit. It was a challenge for me to do this left handed. I had to keep checking myself and the plans we were using. The funny thing my buddy installed the side dots on his fretboard as though it was right handed!
I did the dots on the wrong side once too Skip, but then put them on both sides with the explanation that if you ever wanted to change over to left, you can, it was an A style. Be impossible with an F.

choctaw61
Sep-30-2016, 4:28pm
Welcome to the world of us left handed folks. That is one beautiful mandolin.