View Full Version : Sound clips of m KM-150

Bluegrassbboy85
Aug-19-2016, 1:09am
Here's a few clips of me and my KM-150

https://soundcloud.com/jordanriehm/angelina-baker

https://soundcloud.com/jordanriehm/fishin-in-the-darkaudio

Darren Bailey
Aug-19-2016, 5:02am
Is there anything sweeter than a mandolin and guitar together? Great sound you're getting out of that 150, I"d happily have that track playing alongside the pros when I'm in my car.

Ausdoerrt
Aug-19-2016, 5:34am
Agree - most of the times I've heard it played, that mando sounded way too mellow/trebly (and not in a good way!). Yours has got a hell of a chop!

So gratz on a good recording :)

P.S. Just curious - what pick are you using? I've found it to have a huge impact on the sound.

Franc Homier Lieu
Aug-19-2016, 5:48am
Nice playing, and that KM-150 sounds great.

Bluegrassbboy85
Aug-19-2016, 2:36pm
Much thanks Darren :)

Bluegrassbboy85
Aug-19-2016, 2:41pm
P.S. Just curious - what pick are you using? I've found it to have a huge impact on the sound.

I still haven't found my "happy place" with that. There's a couple different ones I use. On the recording I think I used the Dunlop Primetone Sculpted Triangle. I like that one a lot and think it is very comparable to a Bluechip. I also use the small round Golden Gate Mock Tortoise, Jim Dunlop Americana small round, and sometimes I use the rounded corner of my Bluechip TD 45.

Mandoplumb
Aug-20-2016, 2:40pm
I'm glad you listed Baker as Angelina's surname, not her occupation, kind of a pet peeve of mine. There was another song about Evanlina ( I think was her name) that baked bread but Angelina was named Baker.

F-2 Dave
Aug-20-2016, 4:47pm
I really enjoyed your take on Angelina Baker. The Kentucky sounds great. Can you tell me what chords are that the guitar is playing on the second part? thanks.

Bluegrassbboy85
Aug-22-2016, 12:14am
I really enjoyed your take on Angelina Baker. The Kentucky sounds great. Can you tell me what chords are that the guitar is playing on the second part? thanks.

I can't remember exactly what I played. I tried to go back and listen. I think it's D5, Dmaj7, D7sus4, then it's G/B or an Em7(those are pretty close), another G/B(or Em7), the next chord is like a G/Bb, or you could look at as an Bb6, then A7, then finally D.
Something like that...