PDA

View Full Version : Article: Scott Nygaard, John Reischman and Sharon Gilchrist - The Harmonic Tone Revealers

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-18-2016, 10:08am
You can view the page at http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?269-Scott-Nygaard-John-Reischman-and-Sharon-Gilchrist-The-Harmonic-Tone-Revealers

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148927&d=1471230999&stc=1 (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?269-Scott-Nygaard-John-Reischman-and-Sharon-Gilchrist-The-Harmonic-Tone-Revealers)

Perilous Deep
Aug-18-2016, 10:59am
Sound wonderful! It looks like it's only available as a download on CDBaby. Is there any information about whether physical copies might be available?

Michael Neverisky
Aug-18-2016, 11:22am
Instant gratification... just purchased a download from CDBaby! Looking forward to enjoying the sound of these tone monsters during my commute home this evening.

Dagger Gordon
Aug-18-2016, 11:57am
I must get this.
I have always loved John's playing since Backwaters by the Tony Rice Unit.
Interestingly, I also know Sharon's playing from recording with Tony Rice, on the Quartet album with Peter Rowan. I think her playing on that brilliant CD is exceptional, and I've never been able to understand why there aren't more recordings of her.
And Scott is a great player. I became familiar with him on Tim O'Brien's terrific Dylan album Red On Blonde.

All good.

BradKlein
Aug-18-2016, 1:42pm
That sample track sounds great!!

bigskygirl
Aug-18-2016, 3:22pm
I picked up a CD at Targhee and yes...it is very good! John, Scott, and Sharon treated us to a few tunes one morning and they are great people as well as players.

lukmanohnz
Aug-18-2016, 3:39pm
This is EPIC. I attended the first concert of the tour this trio did as they were getting these songs ready to record (a tiny house concert venue in Berkeley). It was one of the best evenings of music I've ever had the pleasure to witness. I've been waiting with baited breath for this release to materialize. Heading off to CDBaby right now to start the download!

bbaker2050
Aug-20-2016, 1:11pm
Love seeing John sporting a A-style on the album cover!!!!

Stop
Aug-20-2016, 2:22pm
Could someone direct me to where to order the CD disc ..(.not a download) tkx

Fretbear
Aug-20-2016, 2:32pm
In the same way that endlessly looking at the internet and/or television slowly erodes one's intelligence, listening to acoustic music like this (of the highest calibre) expands one's artistic appreciation and brightens the spirit.

Scott Tichenor
Aug-20-2016, 6:05pm
Scott told me physical copies will be available on CDBaby soon.

Ivan Kelsall
Aug-21-2016, 2:14am
This one,like all John Reischman's recordings is a 'must have' for me. The selection of tunes is also terrific - hour's & hours of ''pick along'' comin' on soon,
Ivan

LillianBelle
Aug-22-2016, 10:30am
Just bought it off Amazon this morning. All the other issues with Amazon aside, any music I buy from Amazon is available anywhere I have internet via their cloud plus it downloads onto my hard drive so I have a "local" (if not actual physical) copy, so it is my favorite source for music.

lukmanohnz
Sep-09-2016, 9:13am
This album is like a musical opioid. I'm seriously addicted now...

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-18-2017, 8:02am
One year anniversary of this feature interview. This is a great album that's still getting play around the Cafe headquarters.

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-18-2018, 6:55am
Another trip around the sun for this article published this date 2016. Good music here.

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-18-2019, 7:39am
Noting today's anniversary of this feature on three important musicians and the recording they made that was very well received.

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-18-2021, 7:14am
Noting the 5 year anniversary of this interview, also one of our favorite albums!

bbcee
Aug-19-2021, 6:04am
5 years, unbelievable. It is such a good record on so many levels, a constant source of inspiration and reference for me.

Mandolin Cafe
Aug-18-2022, 6:48am
Noting the anniversary of this feature.