PDA

View Full Version : Any Jams in Palm Springs? Desert Hot Springs? Rancho Mirage?

Kennedyland
Aug-03-2016, 8:34pm
I'm going to be in Desert Hot Springs, CA in December. Does anyone know about Old Time/Bluegrass jams in that part of California? Thanks.

dhergert
Aug-03-2016, 11:05pm
If you're willing to drive into the San Bernardino valley (about an hour west on Interstate 10 from Palm Springs), there are three weekly jams plus a 4th in Hemet...

I would categorize these as roots music -- a combination of bluegrass, old time, country, jazz and swing, and players ranging from beginner to advanced. In other words, casual friendly jams with local folks, strong on bluegrass, but not dogmatic about it.

If these jams sound interesting to you, private message me and I'll get details for you.

-- Don

jazzgtrl4
Aug-07-2016, 11:30am
I'm going to be in Desert Hot Springs, CA in December. Does anyone know about Old Time/Bluegrass jams in that part of California? Thanks.

HI i live out here in PS. shoot me a pm when you are in town..Not too much going on out there that i know of right now because its hot as hell.