PDA

View Full Version : Able to play again

Br1ck
Jul-20-2016, 3:31pm
I have come out of the darkness of heart bypass surgery, now just 12 days ago. I said goodby to pain meds and am just going to cope.

Today I picked up my mandolin for the first time, and the flood of joy was overwhelming. What a gift we are given to play in whatever capacity we can. It makes the breeze a little cooler and the sun shine a little brighter, and I'm going to hold on to this feeling as long as I can.

JEStanek
Jul-20-2016, 3:34pm
Glad you're back. I hope some relaxing mandolining eases your recovery.

Jamie

BrianWilliam
Jul-20-2016, 4:15pm
Welcome back! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Johnny60
Jul-20-2016, 4:25pm
Thanks for update Br1ck - best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bill Clements
Jul-20-2016, 4:43pm
Good for you!
Enjoy your mandolin, and all those many sunrises yet to come. :)

UlsterMando
Jul-20-2016, 5:22pm
Yes you are right, it is a great gift.
Where would we be without it?
Enjoy it, and get well soon.

JeffD
Jul-20-2016, 9:31pm
Today I picked up my mandolin for the first time, and the flood of joy was overwhelming. What a gift we are given to play in whatever capacity we can. It makes the breeze a little cooler and the sun shine a little brighter, and I'm going to hold on to this feeling as long as I can.

I hope and pray it is a gigantically long time. Get well.

Mandoplumb
Jul-21-2016, 4:48am
Playing music is great medicine, pains disappear,tension is relieved, even sickness is lessened if I am picking. May you have a long happy musical life.

JKA
Jul-21-2016, 7:52am
Best wishes for a speedy recovery from this side of the pond

Denny Gies
Jul-21-2016, 8:01am
Wonderful news. The mandolin will surely speed your recovery.

raycan2
Jul-21-2016, 9:35am
And I just had surgery yesterday.i hope you do better and will lift you in prayer... Mine was not major just tore all my muscles Mntbikeing on the right shoulder.

CES
Jul-21-2016, 10:13am
Best wishes, man! Praying for healing...

bigskygirl
Jul-21-2016, 1:01pm
Welcome back and glad you are up to playing again! Take it easy and it won't be long before you are fully recovered. You too raycan2 shoulder issues are a bear but rehab will have you up and going soon as well.

Jim Garber
Jul-21-2016, 1:07pm
Good for you, Br1ck! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I experienced a massive heart attack a couple of months ago — on cinco de Mayo — but my recovery with modern medical procedures was much simpler and quicker than yours. I was walking around within days, driving within a day of leaving the hospital and no pain killers at all.

Getting used to the new state of mind psychologically was a bit of a transition, tho. I had a solo fiddle gig coming up and I decided a few days before that it was too much pressure too soon and I got a sub for me. Phew!

In any case, I dodged the bullet for sure and every time I pick up an instrument the sounds are so sweet to my ears. I am no religious person but every day I do count my blessings.

Nathan Kellstadt
Jul-21-2016, 1:21pm
It makes the breeze a little cooler and the sun shine a little brighter

I can't think of a better way to articulate the charms of playing the mandolin.

UsuallyPickin
Jul-21-2016, 6:54pm
Heal well and Play on ....... R/

Br1ck
Jul-21-2016, 7:30pm
Thanks for all the good vibes. I would encourage anyone to dive right back into musical waters after physical or mental setbacks as music is a great healer. That, folks who love you, and a dog or three.

Don Grieser
Jul-21-2016, 9:14pm
Enjoy every note. ~o)

ccravens
Jul-21-2016, 9:29pm
:)