PDA

View Full Version : Instruments & Pets

Bob Poole
Jul-07-2016, 1:18pm
:mandosmiley:147867147868147869Just wondering if anyone else has had to purchase an extra case for their cat ??? I had an old featherweight rectangular case that the zipper went out on...Tried to pass that one along to her.She didn't care for that one.....so....I DO love my kittie & ended up buying an extra case for her.She LOVES my instruments about as much as I do.When it comes to pedal steel,she seems to have a preference for Emmons Legrande IIs & Walker seats.She seems to like bluegrass,gospel & country music pretty well.

darrylicshon
Jul-07-2016, 1:49pm
I have a cat thats loves to lay on my mando

He hasn't harmed it yet

Bob Poole
Jul-07-2016, 3:14pm
Thank you....Darryl,that a pretty fine lookin' critter ya got there.

Jim Garber
Jul-07-2016, 3:34pm
Here's a long thread that started in 2004: Post a pic of your cat sleeping in your case (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?669-Post-a-pic-of-your-cat-sleeping-in-your-case)

Now, if I can only get a focused photo of my goldfish sleeping in my mandolin case... :)

tangleweeds
Jul-07-2016, 3:42pm
The cat in my avatar weighs 14 lbs. That's the octave mandolin case she fits in so nicely.

Jim Garber
Jul-07-2016, 4:08pm
The cat in my avatar weighs 14 lbs. That's the octave mandolin case she fits in so nicely.

That is an excellent title for a tune: "The Cat in My Avatar". BTW does your avatar have a hard-shell case? :)

Ivan Kelsall
Jul-08-2016, 1:33am
I do make sure that neither of our cats gets into any of my mandolin cases. Both of them have the natural tendency to 'paw' anything that they decide to bed down on, & the last thing i need is a shredded case lining.
Russell,our British Shorthair,always watches me when i'm putting on new strings,from start to finish. Our other cat Dylan,is a real Bluegrass enthusiast - when he's awake that is,
Ivan;)

cbakewell
Jul-08-2016, 8:48am
I used to own two dogs, one of whom would sing along to the 'Harvest Home'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT0nFeXu9_A

Sadly, both the dogs are now long gone :(

I now live with 4 cats - the only singing they do can only be classed as 'running interference'.

Ivan Kelsall
Jul-09-2016, 1:24am
Hi Colin - I'm sorry to hear that your dogs are gone,but aren't cats amazing ?. My wife & myself waited until retirement before taking on any animal. We decided on a cat as both of us suffer from physical 'afflictions' that prevent us walking any great distance. The only noise we get from our 2 cats,is the inevitable 'request' for their daily treats - always between 6.0 & 6.30 pm - they have a terrific sense of 'what time it is' & know our routine as well as we do,
Ivan;)

Dave Hanson
Jul-09-2016, 2:14am
cbakewell, I'm not surprised your dogs are howling, your mandolin sound is VERY strident, great playing but that mando shrieks.

Dave H

Barry Wilson
Jul-09-2016, 2:47am
Mine likes the ukulele gig bag best

cbakewell
Jul-09-2016, 5:37am
cbakewell, I'm not surprised your dogs are howling, your mandolin sound is VERY strident, great playing but that mando shrieks.

Dave H

LOL - sure does - it's a fairly cheap 'Vintage' resonator - irritates banjo players at sessions, which means it pays its way ;)

cbakewell
Jul-09-2016, 5:40am
....but aren't cats amazing ?
Ivan;)

Yup - been a dog person all my life, so had to learn a few more skills to get the hang of Cat control (I am not daft enough to call it 'training').

One of ours is a Bengal.... VERY vocal.

I work from home, so am on Skype a lot, the Bengal thinks I am talking to him and consequently I have to constantly apologise for him 'answering' me in the background.