PDA

View Full Version : Introduction, New Weber Vintage F

tomobedlam
Jun-11-2016, 10:49am
Greetings:
I wanted to introduce myself, I just started playing mandolin again and bought my second one: a Weber Vintage F which I got at a great price. For some reason the forum isnt allowing me to post a photo, but it is beautiful! Last night I learned Soldiers Joy and a Carter Family tune(I just figured this out by ear as I'm familiar with the melody and chords from guitar). I'm excited! Any idea why I cant post a photo? I want you to be jealous!
Tom

Emmett Marshall
Jun-11-2016, 10:55am
Welcome to the forum Tom and congrats on your Weber! I've never met a Weber I didn't like. I'm not sure why you're having having difficulty posting photos, but we do have a "Forum Software Support" forum, and I'm sure you'll get help there with figuring out the problem.

tomobedlam
Jun-11-2016, 11:03am
Greetings:
I wanted to post a pic of my new Weber Vintage F. This is my second mandolin; my first was a Rover. I've recently started playing again and am very excited!
Enjoy
Tom

tomobedlam
Jun-11-2016, 11:04am
Thanks, I figured it out and posted a photo in the photos/videos section.

tomobedlam
Jun-11-2016, 11:09am
I've learned Soldiers Joy and Answer to the Weeping Willow in two days. At this rate I'll be playing festivals in no time at all. Right?

JH Murray
Jun-11-2016, 11:10am
That's a beauty!

Randi Gormley
Jun-11-2016, 2:10pm
Beautiful instrument! congrats!

Mandoplumb
Jun-11-2016, 2:31pm
From a rover to a webber, quite a jump enjoy

Mark Wilson
Jun-11-2016, 2:35pm
:cool: nice Weber!

JEStanek
Jun-11-2016, 9:59pm
Enjoy!

Jamie

JEStanek
Jun-11-2016, 10:01pm
I merged your two threads.

Jamie

Gary Leonard
Jun-11-2016, 10:47pm
Greetings:
I wanted to post a pic of my new Weber Vintage F. This is my second mandolin; my first was a Rover. I've recently started playing again and am very excited!
Enjoy
Tom

That's almost exactly like the one I want! Make it red, and there it is. Jealous is right!

tomobedlam
Jun-11-2016, 10:59pm
I learned Sailor's Hornpipe tonight. I'm loving the tone of this thing. So much fun.

Al Trujillo
Jun-11-2016, 11:44pm
Sweet! I'm drooling on my keyboard!

I sent you a PM.

Jill McAuley
Jun-12-2016, 10:30am
Lovely mandolin! I had a Weber Vintage A for awhile a few years ago, but had to let it go. I was recently listening to some old videos of it and appreciating how lovely it sounded, hadn't really realized just how nice it was at the time. I'm sure you'll put lots of miles on that beautiful instrument - enjoy!