PDA

View Full Version : The UPS Man Brought Me a Present

jwynia
Jun-02-2016, 6:49pm
I don't believe in Santa Claus, but that's OK, because I *do* believe in the UPS guy and he brought me a present today. My new Eastwood semi-hollow tenor. Still need to dig out an amp to see how it sounds.

Charles E.
Jun-02-2016, 6:57pm
Well that looks like a rockabilly machine! Have fun.

Eddie Sheehy
Jun-02-2016, 7:21pm
Mine's on the way...

darrylicshon
Jun-02-2016, 7:35pm
Looks nice

colorado_al
Jun-02-2016, 7:39pm
What a beauty! I was really hoping to get the cash together to get in on that one. Let us know how it sounds! Better yet, post a clip!
Congratulations!

jwynia
Jun-02-2016, 7:54pm
I was really hoping to get the cash together to get in on that one.

It looks like it's going to be offered on a longer-term basis. They're currently up on the regular site for $599.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine's on the way...

So, you're one of the 60 or so odd folks like me that just had to have one once you saw the listing huh?

Eric Hanson
Jun-02-2016, 8:29pm
Why do they not have a "drool" emoji? It DEFINITELY would be used here.

jwynia
Jun-02-2016, 9:10pm
Better yet, post a clip!

As soon as I get it hooked to an amp and have a chance, I will.

colorado_al
Jun-02-2016, 9:24pm
It looks like they just took the Eastwood Classic 6 and bolted on a tenor neck and put a wood adjustable bridge on. Tailpiece and pickups are the same as the Classic 6.

DavidKOS
Jun-03-2016, 1:29am
It looks like they just took the Eastwood Classic 6 and bolted on a tenor neck and put a wood adjustable bridge on. Tailpiece and pickups are the same as the Classic 6.

Which is somewhat typical of electric tenor guitars - it seems a lot of makers just use a thinner neck and adapt the usual 6 string parts rather than retool completely.

Ted Eschliman
Jun-03-2016, 6:13am
Got mine, too. Love it!

146938 146937

Ted Eschliman
Jun-03-2016, 6:17am
He digs it, too.

PiousDevil
Jun-03-2016, 6:37pm
I got mine Wednesday. Jury is out. The frets feel good, and the neck plays well. The pickup selector switch is bent, I'm trying to determine if that's by design or defect. I also seem to have a grounding issue, as there is a pronounced static hiss that goes away when I touch metal parts (tuners, especially). Trying to figure out what I want to do about that. It's very nice looking, and the included case for early investors in nice (and HUGE). Came with a bonus bottle coozey, picks and a string winder, which was a nice touch. All in all a nice archtop tenor, with some small concerns.

PiousDevil
Jun-03-2016, 6:38pm
^ dare you to count how many times I said "nice" in that post.

Eddie Sheehy
Jun-11-2016, 2:01pm
Mine's here. A monster plugged in - even to a Roland Cube. My selector switch isn't bent. Frets are good, action is good, played right outta the box. The case is a serious piece of work - bullet-proof. Of course now I realize it will probably just sit in that case forever...

Ukulele Jim
Jun-13-2016, 11:53am
Do you need a pick to play these effectively? I'm a ukulele player first and foremost, so I strum my tenor guitars with my fingertip. I like the look of these and want to go electric, but I hate playing with a pick, so I don't know if this will sound good with my style.

PiousDevil
Jun-13-2016, 3:05pm
Mine played fine with the fingertips. Look up Derrick Trucks for a good example of a fingerstyle electric player

dcav
Jun-16-2016, 5:09pm
Awesome!.......please can I hear any of you who have one in a vid? Even if its just a few notes.

Thanks in advance,
David

Steve Ostrander
Jun-18-2016, 12:10pm
That is way cool! I'm jealous.

Verne Andru
Jun-18-2016, 3:30pm
Very nice!

I'm going to wait to see if he comes out with one in White Falcon white/gold.