PDA

View Full Version : Any forScore users?

DavidKOS
May-25-2016, 1:18am
I'm curious is you know how to turn a 4sc file into pdf?

Polecat
May-25-2016, 9:25am
I don't use forscore, but the easiest way to create a pdf from any document is to try to print it, as far as I know, every printer software offers the option of saving the document as a pdf.

DavidKOS
May-25-2016, 9:47am
Yes but 4sc is a special forScore format that doesn't seem to print.

sblock
May-25-2016, 9:52am
It appears from the error message that you may be trying to print the 4sc file directly from disk. Instead, try running forScore and using its options within the program to print output. Then, select the PDF virtual printer driver instead of a "real" printer (if you don't have one, you can install one) to re-direct the printout to a PDF file instead of a printer.

Of course, if you don't have access to forScore software on your own computer or someone else's, this method won't work! You didn't say. But as far as I know, there is no "converter" program available that directly converts 4sc files to PDF without using forScore itself. I could be wrong about that, though.

DavidKOS
May-25-2016, 10:45am
Ah - I do not own forScore! It's for ios only. I was hoping someone could convert it for me.

sblock
May-25-2016, 10:56am
David,

OK. Unfortunately, from iOS (say, running on an iPad), there is no OS-level support for printing to a PDF file (unlike the Mac!), but there are some solutions. For example, see here (https://www.quora.com/Can-you-print-to-PDF-directly-on-iOS-devices). One of these might work for you. However, most of these iOS "solutions" only cover the more popular file formats, like DOC, HTML, TXT, and so on, and probably not the forScore file format.

You could get forScore for your Mac, and that would solve the problem, but not at negligible cost.

sblock
May-25-2016, 11:01am
David,
Here's your answer! The forScore version in iOS can share the file as a PDF.

From the forScore User Guide, page 10, found here (http://forscore.co/forScore9.pdf):

"Sharing

Use the action button in the top right-hand corner of the panel to print the
current score or share it via email, AirDrop, or with other PDF-compatible
apps on your iPad. When sharing a file, you can either send the original
PDF, an annotated PDF, or you can send a 4SC format that includes
annotations, metadata, links, and more. Note that 4SC files can only be
used by other forScore or forScore mini users."

DavidKOS
May-25-2016, 11:43am
You could get forScore for your Mac, and that would solve the problem, but not at negligible cost.

I do not own an iOS device - only OSX stuff.

David,
Here's your answer! The forScore version in iOS can share the file as a PDF.

From the forScore User Guide, page 10, found here (http://forscore.co/forScore9.pdf):

"Sharing

Use the action button in the top right-hand corner of the panel to print the
current score or share it via email, AirDrop, or with other PDF-compatible
apps on your iPad. When sharing a file, you can either send the original
PDF, an annotated PDF, or you can send a 4SC format that includes
annotations, metadata, links, and more. Note that 4SC files can only be
used by other forScore or forScore mini users."

Exactly!

I was hoping someone could use their forScore and export a pdf of the file for me.

It's balalaika music.