PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share an app! Tunebook for iPad

sherrie
May-24-2016, 1:10pm
Hi guys,

I don't know if anyone's familiar with Tunebook or not. I used it all the time for my whistling tunes (I can't remember all of them, alright!?). I got the bright idea to start putting all of my mandolin tunes in as well - not sure why it took me 2 years to figure out that I should do that. But whatever.

Tunebook on iPad! It's a pay app in the iOS appstore. It's a lightweight program that uses abc notation - editable on the fly. My ipad currently has 10.6k folksongs on it - I had a good time scouring the internet awhile back.

It also supports transposing, playback, sorting and organizing, etc. It also allows you to email or wirelessly print pdfs. I could go on with more features, but really it's worth checking out if you're tired of hauling books around.

If you're not familiar with abc notation, a quick google search will show you everything you need to know. It's basically a text-based notation system that is displayed by programs as regular staff music. It's extremely well documented and very easy to get started with.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tunebook/id310492506?mt=8

tangleweeds
May-24-2016, 2:43pm
Thanks! I'd been looking for a good iPad abc notation app, and not finding anything adequate. This looks like just what I've been wanting,

PS: I play whistle too

sherrie
May-24-2016, 5:36pm
Woo! Glad I shared then. I see 'tweaked' .. Freeman whistles? I like Carbony. I live near the guy who makes them.

tangleweeds
May-25-2016, 8:30pm
I've got several Freeman tweaked, along with a Cillian O'Briain, and a "Shush"' (both those via "Big Whistle" in the UK).