PDA

View Full Version : Latest McClanahan Trinity model #730 owned by CJ Lewandowski

Mandolin Architect
May-17-2016, 4:06pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kiAtJBc4s

Hey everybody! This is Jonathan McClanahan. Here is my latest mandolin,
Trinity model #730 owned by CJ Lewandowski of the Po' Ramblin' Boys! This mandolin has a great story and connection to one of the finest Loars, #72058, that was ever made. More information is coming! God Bless!

DataNick
May-17-2016, 4:31pm
Great work Jonathan, "Orch" is a beauty with great tonal color!

MonFlavor
May-17-2016, 5:12pm
That's my baby and I couldn't be happier with it. Orch is amazing and I can't wait to fill y'all in on more Info with the 1923 it was made a tribute to. Lots of cool stuff coming! Thank you Jonathan for making my dreams come true and making a mandolin that will stand the test of time. I now have a "legacy" mandolin!

Josh Levine
May-17-2016, 5:23pm
It really is not fair to just post something like this and expect those of us inflicted with MAS to go back to the world as functioning adults... That thing is a monster.

Ivan Kelsall
May-18-2016, 1:47am
I think that all of us on the Cafewho've read the previous threads about Jonathan's own mandolins, & his 're-working' of other makes, know just how good a luthier he is. This one is simply amazing to say the least & i love the look of it. It's slightly 'understated' appearance belies the incredible tone it produces,& the idea that it will most likely improve over time & with playing,makes me wonder what it'll be like in say,5 years time - terrific work once more from a very great builder,:disbelief:
Ivan;)

MonFlavor
May-18-2016, 6:09am
You hit the nail on the head Ivan.

Ivan Kelsall
May-19-2016, 1:24am
This is the one that tweaked my 'McClanahan switch'. His original 'Trinity' design,still for me,the epitome of 'Mandolin elegance',& the colour is astonishing:disbelief:
Ivan~:>

Skip Kelley
May-19-2016, 5:29am
Jonathan, Nice work! I really love the color of the sunburst!