PDA

View Full Version : Hard case for Martin A

Mace
May-05-2016, 6:41pm
Suggestions? Looking for a good fit.

MikeEdgerton
May-05-2016, 8:48pm
You won't find one. People have been looking for a good fitting case for these for years. You're kind of stuck with a case you are going to rattle around in. It's always a good thing if you can get an original case with a Martin mandolin.

MikeEdgerton
May-05-2016, 8:50pm
Some past threads can be gleaned from this (https://www.google.com/search?q=martin+case+site%3Amandolincafe.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8) list.

Mace
May-06-2016, 3:39am
Thanks for the reply Mike. You've confirmed what I thought. Probably my best option is a decent quality gig bag short of a custom case.

MikeEdgerton
May-06-2016, 7:26am
I wish I had a better solution for you.

allenhopkins
May-06-2016, 8:20pm
Hmm -- my Style A is in a hardshell case, no brand name on it, just a "Made in China" sticker inside the (small) accessory pocket. It's not an exact fit, perhaps a bit more than a quarter-inch of "wiggle room" all around the body, but the padding's super-thick, and it seems like it'll provide all the protection I would need for normal usage.

I'd check out medium-priced A-model cases, and see if one's acceptable. May not be exact, and surely not a "flight case," but for sticking it in the car and taking it to a gig, seems to do the job.

MikeEdgerton
May-06-2016, 9:27pm
The body size is just one issue. After Musicians Friend stopped making the short A style cases it's hard to find one that allows the neck to clear the accessory pocket.