PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel 18th century violin look

kyken
Mar-30-2016, 1:29pm
New off my workbench today. 1850 redwood and 2 piece old maple back. It has the old sound of it's looks.

wildpikr
Mar-30-2016, 2:46pm
Beautiful mandolin, Ken! Do the photos represent the color well or is the redness a result of the lighting? Sure would love to hear it...

kyken
Mar-30-2016, 3:02pm
Beautiful mandolin, Ken! Do the photos represent the color well or is the redness a result of the lighting? Sure would love to hear it...

The color is a good representation. I never have figured out how to make a soundclip. I'll learn how. My playing suffers from the loss of my fingers though.

F-2 Dave
Mar-30-2016, 3:14pm
Awesome looking mandolin. I admire the way you're able to stay true to the classic F-5 design, but keep your own signature look at the same time. I've never seen one of your mandolins in person. Maybe someday. Nice job.

CES
Mar-30-2016, 3:47pm
At least you have a good excuse ;) I just stink, lol. Still loving my Econo A, Ken, and looks like you just keep getting better!!

CarlM
Mar-30-2016, 5:02pm
My playing suffers from the loss of my fingers though.

How did you lose yours? I took the ends off my left ring and little finger repairing a guitar for a nephew in 1995. It has been a difficult adjustment. Bless Django Reinhardt for showing the way.

kyken
Mar-30-2016, 5:29pm
How did you lose yours? I took the ends off my left ring and little finger repairing a guitar for a nephew in 1995. It has been a difficult adjustment. Bless Django Reinhardt for showing the way.
I got complacent with a jointer. They are unforgiving.

lickpicking
Mar-30-2016, 8:46pm
Great job Ken! love my new angel keep up the great work everyone should have one!

CarlM
Mar-30-2016, 11:03pm
I got complacent with a jointer. They are unforgiving.

I did also. Unforgiving is an understatement.

Skip Kelley
Mar-31-2016, 5:46am
Really nice, Ken! It has the look and I know it has the sound!

Skip Kelley
Apr-07-2016, 8:36pm
I was fortunate enough to play this great mandolin of Ken's, and it is a beast! It has it all!

fiddlebick
Apr-13-2016, 6:21pm
I was at Ken's home Monday this week, and I couldn't put this new mandolin down. It is everything he says it is and more.