PDA

View Full Version : You know what they say about mandolin players with big hands ?

Bob Visentin
Mar-21-2016, 4:31pm
<inappropriate. violates forum posting guidelines.>

Tobin
Mar-21-2016, 4:46pm
Right?!

I do have small hands, which makes the mandolin fit me well. But it's really more about what you're used to than anything else. When I switch between mandola and mandolin, or banjo and mandolin, or guitar and mandolin, that mandolin feels really really tiny again. But when I play it exclusively for a while, it feels normal and everything else feels huge.

mandolin breeze
Mar-21-2016, 5:00pm

Zach Wilson
Mar-21-2016, 5:10pm
I have average size hands and switch between mandolin, guitar and bass. All of them feel as they should and when I pick one up my fingers seem to remember what to do as far as frets/neck size. Hitting the right notes... that's a different story ;)

Bob Visentin
Mar-21-2016, 5:13pm
I also play a lot of bass guitar, but it is such a different scale I don't have a problem.

Bob Visentin
Mar-21-2016, 5:15pm

Timbofood
Mar-21-2016, 5:25pm
I think that's getting near some pretty thin ice!
It's good to be someplace that is NOT dwelling on any political hoo haw, moving on

Eddie Sheehy
Mar-21-2016, 6:56pm
They have big noses...(big fingers)...

Zach Wilson
Mar-21-2016, 7:20pm
I think that's getting near some pretty thin ice!
It's good to be someplace that is NOT dwelling on any political hoo haw, moving on

I feel the same way. It's nice to log on here and get away from some of the political muck.

Mandolin Cafe
Mar-21-2016, 7:24pm
This is a warning shot. Let us be very clear that the posts above that have been removed, and to the OP: a second post of this nature anywhere on this forum will result in your immediate and permanent loss of membership and dismissal from this site. There will be no further warning.