PDA

View Full Version : Gibson warrantee card?

fatt-dad
Mar-04-2004, 12:19pm
I just noticed a listing for a 1995 Gibson A5-L. The description said, "unused". It also said it came with an "open warrantee" card, as if to suggest the purchaser could fill in the card and "step into the shoes" of the original purchaser. Can anybody tell me if it works this way? Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't.

f-d

Tom C
Mar-04-2004, 12:53pm
No, it will not work. You need to buy a new Gibson from an authorized dealer.
Then send card and receipt to Gibson. It's only good for original owner. Gibson does stand behind their instruments so I would not let a warrenty prevent me from getting a used instrument at a good price.

BigJoe
Mar-04-2004, 10:47pm
The warranty is only available to the original owner with proof of purchase. It must be purchased from an authorized Gibson Dealer at the time of purchase. The warranty is not transferable. The warranty is for the life of the original owner.

Greenmando
Mar-05-2004, 2:50am
I understand that Joe and Charlie will not leave you out in the rain. You will not get the full warranty, but I understand they will work with you.

KevinM
Mar-05-2004, 11:26am
As an aside, I note a conspicuous absence of complaining on this site about warranty or non-warranty service from the Gibson folks - I assume that means they do both and folks are generally happy.

John Ritchhart
Mar-05-2004, 3:46pm
Completely happy. Those guys are the best.

fatt-dad
Mar-05-2004, 4:09pm
Thanks guys.

f-d