PDA

View Full Version : oh no! just found this, Northfield F2SB with a 1 3/16" nut

darylcrisp
Mar-18-2016, 2:41pm
this could spell TROUBLE.
I've oft looked and wanted one of these black top beauties, but always they came with the 1 1/8" nut width. Having owned a Northfield with the wider nut space, I know it fits me well, and I do like the NF mandolins a lot.

Never fails, your desire shows up when you have ZERO in the instrument funds............

Enjoy, and someone please go buy this so I don't do something like take a loan out-please

Oh yea, Cotton Music Center in Nashvegas Tn

bigskygirl
Mar-18-2016, 3:00pm
Ha, thought of you this morning when I saw the black top wide-nut F5S in the classifieds...both are beauties!

http://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/96398#96398

darylcrisp
Mar-18-2016, 3:21pm
Oh I've been glaring at that one at Tejonstreetmusic before it arrived.
It sounds very very nice which makes it even more tempting.

bigskygirl
Mar-18-2016, 3:34pm
Those black top ones are really nice! I'm loving my NF!

darrylicshon
Mar-18-2016, 7:20pm
It's a really nice looker , but my funds are low so you will have to buy it

LadysSolo
Mar-18-2016, 8:53pm
You can never have too many mandolins - remember, instruments give back to you in pleasure......:grin:

Jim Hudson
Mar-19-2016, 8:10am
That is gorgeous, love the guard, tempting!

lenf12
Mar-19-2016, 8:22am

A shot of the original template that this Northfield is based on. Everyone needs an oval hole mandolin in the herd.

Len B.
Clearwater, FL

Al Trujillo
Mar-19-2016, 1:56pm
Oh I've been glaring at that one at Tejonstreetmusic before it arrived.
It sounds very very nice which makes it even more tempting.

I've been in the shop twice to look at it! How does one tell the money manager about MAS!??

darylcrisp
Mar-19-2016, 2:02pm
I've been in the shop twice to look at it! How does one tell the money manager about MAS!??

what did you think of it?
Sean sent me a soundclip around 2 weeks ago and it does have a nice warm sound, very balanced.
Did you compare it to the wide nut burst they have(which sounds brighter and more punchy to my ears)?

thanks
d

Al Trujillo
Mar-19-2016, 11:41pm
what did you think of it?
Sean sent me a soundclip around 2 weeks ago and it does have a nice warm sound, very balanced.
Did you compare it to the wide nut burst they have(which sounds brighter and more punchy to my ears)?

thanks
d

Wish that I could help you but I've not given in yet to temptation! I am weak but want to hold it badly.