PDA

View Full Version : Pradipto sengupta

pradiptosengupta
Mar-16-2016, 12:25pm
Hi,
This is my very first post. I Pradipto sengupta stay in Mumbai, India. I am playing mandolin since 35 years. Actually mandolin mainly plays in the Indian film songs recording. Basically there is not a single mandolin institute in our country. We have learned from individual teacher. Still I had tried to play in some different way. It will be a great pleasure for me if u can listen my audios and watch my videos from my website mentioned bellow and let me know your valuable views.
Thanks and regards.
Pradipto sengupta
www.pradiptosengupta.com

billhay4
Mar-16-2016, 12:36pm
Thanks for posting this. Nice website and nice mandolin music.
Who made the mandolin you have in your hands on the main page of the website?
Bill

DavidKOS
Mar-16-2016, 1:45pm
Thanks for posting, I love your playing and Indian mandolin in general.

That mandolin reminds me of the Israeli ones from Kerman.

Randi Gormley
Mar-16-2016, 2:10pm
Welcome to the café!

F-2 Dave
Mar-16-2016, 3:47pm
Welcome. Your playing is very enjoyable.

pradiptosengupta
Mar-17-2016, 10:28am
Thanks for your feedback @billhay4. The mandolin is made in India with spruce top mehgani back with rosewood finger board. Double layer inside this mandolin. Sound is beautiful. U can listen my composition "Blue Eyes" in sound cloud. I played this mandolin.

pradiptosengupta
Mar-17-2016, 10:35am
Thanks for posting, I love your playing and Indian mandolin in general.

That mandolin reminds me of the Israeli ones from Kerman.

Thanks for your feedback. U r absolutely right sir. This mandolin looks like an Israel make. But it is made in India. There is a layer in side it for which it sounds very beautiful.

pradiptosengupta
Mar-17-2016, 10:37am
Welcome. Your playing is very enjoyable.
Thanks a lot @F2dave

DavidKOS
Mar-17-2016, 10:59am
The mandolin is made in India with spruce top mehgani back with rosewood finger board. Double layer inside this mandolin.

This mandolin looks like an Israel make. But it is made in India. There is a layer in side it for which it sounds very beautiful.

Wow, that's great - an Indian mandolin with some Kerman features.

Does the maker ship overseas?

billhay4
Mar-17-2016, 11:06am
Thanks,
"Blue Eyes" sounds a lot like some American bluegrass music. Have you ever listened to this kind of music? It, too, is played fast and has repeating themes.
Nice mandolin. I, too, would like to know who the maker is.
Bill

pradiptosengupta
Mar-20-2016, 9:03am
Thanks...

pradiptosengupta
Mar-21-2016, 10:33am
Hi. Bill,
Thanks for the reply. Ya u r right. My composition Blue Eyes sounds like bluegrass. ..but it is something different. I think u will also agree. The maker of my mandolin stays in Kolkata, India. But he is very old now. I think he has stopped working now a days. Nobody in India has this model. It sounds very good. Thanks a lot

Shelagh Moore
Mar-21-2016, 11:41am
Welcome to the Mandolin Cafe. Enjoying your playing and music!