PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Valley-Western Massachusetts

Dando
May-10-2005, 11:48am
other than festivals, where can we go around here to play? the bbu groton mass jam is 50 miles away from here. i know there is one in deerfield. but where else can we go? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

garyblanchard
May-10-2005, 11:55am
The Fiddle Shop in East Brookfield has a weekly jam on, I think, Thursday nights. They are right on Rte 9. Their website is The Fiddle Shop (http://www.fiddlersdream.com). I head up that way several times a year but hae never been able to make it to one of the jams. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Hope that helps.

MandoVin
May-31-2005, 1:03pm
Dando,
I live in Williamsburg, MA and I've been looking for places to pick as well. #I play mandolin in a band called Acoustic Brew. #We play about once/month around the valley. #What's the Deerfield jam like? #I'll let you know if I find anything else here in the valley.
Vince

Dando
May-31-2005, 4:04pm
haven't visited deerfield yet. are you goin' to jenny brook?

MandoVin
Jun-01-2005, 6:38am
No, I won't be able to make it to Jenny brook. I've gone to the Greyfox Bluegrass Festival in NY the past 2 years. You can do all the pickin' you want there. This year I'm going to the Green River Festival in Greenfield instead. I doubt there will be alot of pickin there but I may take my mando with me anyway.

bones
Jun-16-2005, 9:11pm
new to mass. -
whereabouts in deerfield is the jam? I'm in hampden now, formerly in salt lake city, where i was in 2 bands. looking to start fresh!

thanks-

bones
Jul-19-2005, 9:06pm
Is there a jam in Deerfield?

(sorry for being impatient...
must...

play....
mando..
lin sooooon...)

bluegrassforever
Jul-22-2005, 12:25pm
Hey I have lurked here for years, I,m offical now. I lived in the valley all my life. I do not know of a jam in deerfield. Conway Inn has them 2nd and 4th friday every month. It not all bluegrass and there is a different group of people who come and go. I believe it starts at 7:00 pm but most people show up latter 8:30-9:00. I try to get there once ina while, but free time is short.

Ken Sager
Jul-22-2005, 1:50pm
Bones, were you once Dave? Dave of Buckle Buster and Lab Dog lore? If so, any of these folks should rush to have you in their jam, band, orchestra, or travelling carneval. Hell, you should just hand pick the best musicians from western MA and start up the next new thing.

Get Busy!

Tom Smart
Jul-22-2005, 2:11pm
Dave, maybe you should just move back here and play with the Busters again.

Ken is right. Davey is the real deal. Somebody get that man a band.

We miss you, Dave.

--TS

Tom Smart
Aug-05-2005, 7:05pm
Bump.

No joke, if your serious about almost any kind of acoustic music, Bones is a guy you want in your band. Salt Lake's loss is your gain! Get in touch with this guy and see what I mean.

TS

Joe Singleton
Aug-10-2005, 9:26am
O.K., I'll bite.
Bones- I am in Northampton and would be most interested in starting "the next new thing" as Ken put it. I sing strong tenor and lead and play decent rhytme guitar and bass and some mando(most fun, least proficiency). I have been in a working BG band out of Boston for the last four years. If your interested in jamming or whatever send me an email to marjola at comcast dot net. Hope to hear from you -Joe

bluegrassforever
Aug-16-2005, 12:04pm
BlueGt, if you are in Northampton and are looking for a band or just to play let me know. I play in a new band out of Hamp that is looking to add to the sound. We play a ton of Stanley tunes and older traditional stuff. Me