PDA

View Full Version : Article: Two Old Hippies Announces the Retirement of Bruce Weber Sr. as General Manager of Weber Fine Acoustic Instruments

Mandolin Cafe
Mar-03-2016, 2:11pm
You can view the page at http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?222-Two-Old-Hippies-Announces-the-Retirement-of-Bruce-Weber-Sr-as-General-Manager-of-Weber-Fine-Acoustic-Instruments

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=144208&d=1457031421&stc=1 (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?222-Two-Old-Hippies-Announces-the-Retirement-of-Bruce-Weber-Sr-as-General-Manager-of-Weber-Fine-Acoustic-Instruments)

DataNick
Mar-03-2016, 2:32pm
Good on you Bruce Weber!

Hope to make it up to Montana one day, see some friends, and stop by your place for some mando geeking!

dchernack
Mar-03-2016, 2:52pm
Bruce Weber Sr. sure left his mark on the mandolin community, or more simply, the mandolin itself. Good luck in your retirement Mr. Weber!

George R. Lane
Mar-03-2016, 3:21pm
Bruce glad to see you are staying in Montana. I know you and Mary love Montana. I will make a trip over to see you soon.

pickinNgrinnin
Mar-03-2016, 4:41pm
Happy Trails Bruce and Mary! Love the work you do and the many contributions you've made to those of us who joyfully embrace stringed instruments. Long may you run!

HonketyHank
Mar-03-2016, 5:06pm
I bought a new, old stock, Weber Rawhide from a small shop in a small town near here last month. Sent in the registration. I was surprised and tickled to get a personal note from Bruce welcoming me to the Weber community.

Happy retirement Bruce. I really like my new mandolin.

Bill McCall
Mar-03-2016, 5:09pm
Enjoy yourself, I'm sure you've earned the time. Love my old Absaroka and my new hat:)

Marcus CA
Mar-03-2016, 9:04pm
My 2011 Yellowstone mandolin and 2004 Gallatin mandocello are lifetime instruments, and the Renegade resonator octave mandolin is something to work towards. For making such varied, yet consistently excellent mandolin family instruments, I thank you thank you, thank you! Best wishes for joyful decades to come.

ks4egray
Mar-03-2016, 9:38pm
I had the pleasure of a visit a few years back. You couldn't meet a nicer guy. Love my Yellowstone too!

Zach Wilson
Mar-03-2016, 11:13pm
I can't thank you enough for my Yellowstone!

Jonathan James
Mar-04-2016, 3:57am
Thanks for everything, Bruce. You've made the mandolin world an even better place!

multidon
Mar-04-2016, 8:48am
Congratulations Bruce! Although it sounds like you will still be plenty busy, I hope you will find time to enjoy retitrement. As a fellow retiree I highly recommend it! I love my 2 Bitterroots and am grateful to have them. I am also thankful for the personal touch you put on customer service over the years. I am sure Bruce Jr. will maintain the Weber family tradition! All my best to you and yours.

Big Joe
Mar-04-2016, 3:29pm
I hope you take some time in your retirement to be retired. �� Have a great time.

Gene Summers
Mar-04-2016, 5:24pm
Enjoy your retirement Bruce! Your instruments are awesome :-)

TC-in-NC
Mar-04-2016, 7:33pm
Thank you Bruce for my amazing 2006 Bitterroot F!! Enjoy your retirement - you've certainly earned it!! Am glad to hear that you will still be handling the repair / warranty end of things. I bought my mandolin used, and have been intrigued with the idea of Weber's "warranty recertification." You may be seeing mine soon :)

foldedpath
Mar-04-2016, 9:08pm
Thank you Bruce for my amazing 2006 Bitterroot F!! Enjoy your retirement - you've certainly earned it!! Am glad to hear that you will still be handling the repair / warranty end of things. I bought my mandolin used, and have been intrigued with the idea of Weber's "warranty recertification." You may be seeing mine soon :)

Same here, owner of a secondhand Yellowstone Traditional F Octave, with a Bruce signature. The thing is, it's so well made that I'm not sure I could ever take advantage of warranty recertification!

Anyway, thanks Bruce for your involvement in keeping the FULL range of mandolins, big and small, in the marketplace. That shouldn't be underestimated. There are great independent luthiers out there making these things, but Weber has been a force in making sure there was a wide choice of mandolas, octave mandolins, and mandocellos to choose from.

My Yellowstone F OM is a lifetime instrument for me, one of the very few that I'll never sell.

Kevin Briggs
Mar-05-2016, 9:37am
Congratulations to Bruce!

He is a model of talent and ethics, and a great family man. The custom Fern I had is still one of the best mandolins I've ever played, and I wish I had it back.

En route to getting that mandolin, Bruce stepped into a purchase dispute I was having with the dealer and did something or other to resolve it, mostly likely eating some cost in the process.

I went out there once with my dad for a Steve Kauffman workshop and just fell in love with the shop. In a different life, I'd be begging him for a job. He and Mary are just wonderful people, and I'm happy to know them,

RedLion
Mar-05-2016, 9:58pm
I LOVE my Bruce Weber signed custom Bitterroot F mandolin!

John MacPhee
Mar-06-2016, 2:44am
I love my Special Edition. Thank you so much and Happy Days.
Kind Regards
John

Ivan Kelsall
Mar-06-2016, 7:00am
It's close to 9 years now since i bought my Weber "Fern" from TAMCO in the UK, & it's sounding better than ever. I'm more than pleased that you're still 'on board' Bruce,
Best wishes
Ivan Kelsall
Manchester UK

Sweetpea44
Mar-06-2016, 8:16am
Thanks for all you have done for the Mandolin community! I love my Weber mandolin and mandola! Best wishes to you!

mandognome
Mar-06-2016, 8:00pm
Bruce, you have forever changed my musical journey for the better. I am grateful for your contribution through your instruments and your faith, commitment to excellence, and generous spirit. Hope you get some fly fishin done and maximize your time spent on the things and people you enjoy the most in your retirement! Glad to be counted among those who have some great Webers to play and pass on to the kids.

Emmett Marshall
Mar-08-2016, 2:46am
While I am really happy for you Bruce, I am honestly not too thrilled that you are no longer in that position. I am totally obsessed with the sound and build of my Weber OM. Best of luck to you Bruce, and thank you for building such wonderful instruments for all of us to enjoy.

Gates Richards
Mar-08-2016, 11:26pm
I love my '08 Gallatin Octar! Many thanks for your craftsmanship and passion!

trevor
Mar-12-2016, 3:08am
Its sad to see Bruce go, happy retirement Bruce. I have had countless excellent Weber mandolin and mandolin family instruments over the last 15 years, and I am looking forward to many more.

trev
Mar-13-2016, 6:07pm
Have a long and happy retirement Bruce, I have a Bitterroot F style mandolin, and have just last week taken delivery of a new custom Bitterroot A style, F hole 22" OM, with maple back and sides and a free upgrade to the Rawhide burst finish. They are both fantastic instruments, both in sound and fit and finish, the people at Weber are doing a great job.

Mgottlieb
Jun-23-2017, 1:41am
Bruce, love that I'm experiencing my mandolin journey predominantly thru two Bitterroots crafted in Logan. Your skills, guidance and mando veritas have been invaluable to me, and to quite a community it seems. Looking forward to the flows of our transitions. See you at the MT Folk Festival in a couple weeks.