PDA

View Full Version : Posting an audio file?

Randi Gormley
Feb-11-2016, 6:22pm
I tried a search but my skills are less than optimal. I wanted to post a quick song that my group did but it was sent to me as a live!m4a file and apparently that won't upload. Or maybe it can, I have no idea. I just can't do it.

Anybody have an idea either how to translate it to something that can be posted, like an mp3 file, or how to upload it as is?

Thanks.

JEStanek
Feb-11-2016, 7:50pm
Randi, There is a free audio converter (http://download.cnet.com/Free-Audio-Converter/3000-2140_4-10893961.html) on CNET (you can trust those).

Jamie

Randi Gormley
Feb-28-2016, 4:11pm
OK, we'll see if this works better... I was in two minds about posting this. It's about as raw as you're going to get -- the six of us (although you can only hear three or four of us) are part of the Stamford (CT) session that runs once or twice a month at the Fez; this is the second year we've been invited to entertain at the St. Patrick's Parade Grand Marshal's ball and we assembled at the fiddler's house to create a set list and do some rehearsing.

So, we ran through Black and Tan because our singer was just learning it -- I'd never heard it, myself -- and someone said we should record it so we did. This is the second time we'd ever played the song and it was recorded on an iPhone sitting next to the fiddler, which is why you can't really hear much else but her and the singer/guitar, the bodhran player's voice (instead of her instrument), and my mandolin singing here and there as I noodled in the background. You can't hear the flute or other guitar at all.

But for what it is, it's not as bad as it could be.