PDA

View Full Version : Granville, Ohio

Yellowmandolin
May-06-2005, 8:25pm
This a small (about 10 person) jam at the local university, Denison. It is located in Slayter Hall and is on Wednesday mornings from 10-noon. It is a bunch of really nice old dudes who like to play. One of the professors at Denison, Andy Carlson, stops by every once in a while. I don't have the oppurtunity to go much now because I still go to high school and can't escape for a little pickin. But I thought some other folks might be interested. If you have any question/need direction please e-mail me. Thanks.

bones12
May-06-2005, 10:47pm
Aha.. my daughter attends Denison and has told me of seeing some mandolins at Slayter.. she has good taste but I thought she was pulling my leg. Alas, I'm off to pick her up next week to return to vermont for the summer. Do any students ever play with you all? Doug

Yellowmandolin
May-07-2005, 7:53am
There is one girl named Emily Hickman who fiddles along with Dr. Carlson, but that is about it. Some students do come by and listen while eating luch/breakfast. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

dave42
May-29-2005, 8:02am
Yellow..Ha, I know of a high school aged young man in Granville that plays fiddle, and I understand he has picked up the mandolin recently. If you go to Granville HS, he's kind of tall and has glasses. His name escapes me...
Dave (Gahanna)

Yellowmandolin
Jun-12-2005, 9:29am
That is my good buddy Drew Clark. He is really good at the fiddle and as far as I know, just messes around with the mandolin. He has not ever come over with me to Dennison because he does a lot of real old tyme stuff.

dave42
Jun-16-2005, 10:06pm
Drew... That's him! Nice guy.
Dave