PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Master Model With Varnish Finish

Northwest Steve
Feb-03-2016, 6:47pm
Question for Kentucky 900/1000/1500 with varnish finish. It appears there were a limited number of these made. In a previous thread Dennis from The Mandolin Store said that Kentucky discontinued them due do difficulties in getting them to dealers or dealers getting them to clients without issues with the finish?
I would be interested to hear from those with a varnish finish and have had it for a while if you have experienced any issues with the finish?

Skittle
Feb-05-2016, 11:07am
Question for Kentucky 900/1000/1500 with varnish finish. It appears there were a limited number of these made. In a previous thread Dennis from The Mandolin Store said that Kentucky discontinued them due do difficulties in getting them to dealers or dealers getting them to clients without issues with the finish?
I would be interested to hear from those with a varnish finish and have had it for a while if you have experienced any issues with the finish?

I got a Kentucky KM-900 that is varnish. When the dealer I got it from got it, the mandolin reacted to the plastic, or some other material. I had a local luthier that lightly wet sanded the reacted places and buffed it out...........no problem. The mandolin, sounds and plays great.......happy.....

Jonathan James
Feb-05-2016, 11:24am
I bought a blem varnish model KM1000 from The Mandolin Store a while back that also looked like a reaction of the varnish with the case. Played/sounded great while I owned it.