PDA

View Full Version : help with tab - three tunes

fatt-dad
May-06-2005, 7:53am
Dear All,

Last tuesday I played with a monthly group and the tunes, "Jay Bird", "Shoes and Stockings" and "Green Willis" came up. Interesting tunes, but I can't find tab for them here or at Mandozine.com.

Any help?

fatt-dad

p.s., going camping so any posts will be properly acknowledged on Sunday - thanks in advance.

RobP
May-08-2005, 11:27am
I have "Shoes and Stockings" in a book of contra dance music called "The Portland Collection". It's just in standard notation. I probably can't post it though because of copyright restrictions.

Rob

pickerfromhell
May-19-2005, 4:29pm
Hey dad,
I have Green Willis, it's one of my regular tunes that I butcher.
However, I got it from a fiddle player--I don't have the tab, just the musical notation version.

If you want a copy, I'll have to snail mail you a hard copy. Just click me an email with your particulars, and I'll drop it in the mail.

Chris Bliss (pickerfromhell)

TonyP
May-25-2005, 3:26pm
the JayBird I know I got out of a MelBay book called "Fiddle Tunes & Irish Music For Mandolin" by Dan Gelo. Great tune, great book. Don't know if it's still being offered.

fatt-dad
May-31-2005, 12:07pm
As it turns out, Green Willis is in the Mandolin Fakebook (I seem to recall that Jaybird is in there too). Still haven't found "shoes and stockings" though. . . .

f-d

Paul Hostetter
Jun-07-2005, 12:04am
All three are terribly simple tunes. Why not just learn them by ear?

fatt-dad
Jun-07-2005, 7:47am
To which I can/will. Having tab (or a tape) is a way to fire up the gray matter, where music seems to float in random order on a regular basis - ha.

f-d