PDA

View Full Version : Whew, I have been busy,

Christopher Standridge
May-05-2005, 4:36pm
Hi there gang. I hope that tou all are ready for festival season. I know I am!! These are the first out of my refined and modified shop.
The twin point-is Engleman and Red maple everywhere else.
The F is Red Spruce, and Red maple also everywhere else.

I am having a blast bouncing back and forth between these two. Alls I really can say is: WHOA MOMMA!!!

Who else has had experience with Red Maple???
I am gonna be resharpening for ages.
Chris

Christopher Standridge
May-05-2005, 4:38pm
here are those red maple backs

mandopete
May-05-2005, 4:42pm
Sweet!

Scotti Adams
May-05-2005, 4:45pm
...lookin mighty fine...!!

Christopher Standridge
May-05-2005, 4:50pm
And here is one just for Jeremy:

Christopher Standridge
May-05-2005, 4:52pm
by the way, Happy Cinco De Mayo, please send all your liberated Loars north of the border!

ShaneJ
May-05-2005, 4:57pm
5/5/5 - Mexican Loar Liberation Day....I like it. Better get 'em here before June 6th next year! (6/6/6) http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Nice looking mandos, rovinmando!

Lane Pryce
May-05-2005, 5:33pm
RM those are very nice mandolins.That red is killer looking wood and sounds like its killer on the blades too.BTW I really like the headstock on the 2 pointer.Great work----Lp

Baron Collins-Hill
May-05-2005, 5:55pm
i really like that 2-point, both are great, what are those marks on the back visible through the f holes?

baron

Christopher Standridge
May-05-2005, 7:10pm
thanks for the kind words all. That red maple is very peculiar stuff, when tuning them in relation to the tops, they responded greatly in the lower frequencies compared western or even rock maple.
PhishPhan-those marks are from the maple end grain soaking up the alcohol dye and it bleeding through. Again, I have had that happen in the other species of maple, but not as drastic as with this stuff. Does anyone have any pointers around that happening?

ronlane3
May-05-2005, 9:10pm
RM, when you get one of those liberated loars, send me that f you have. Nice looking axe.

Gibsonman
May-23-2005, 6:22pm
Great looking wood grain in those backs and necks. Nice job.

mandolooter
May-23-2005, 8:13pm
Great work Chris, hope to see ya a festival soon! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

neal
May-23-2005, 8:29pm
As I was scrolling down the first sight was the headstock, I knew they'd be very impressive.

mandoJeremy
May-24-2005, 11:59am
That scroll looks very nice Chris as well as the rest of the mandolin. I am not a 2-point fan but I LOVE that F-5. Nice curl in the back and I love the great color. I am quite impressed.

stevem
May-24-2005, 2:17pm
Wow. The backs of those mandos are sooo sweet.