PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone infos about double truss rod from cumberlandacoustic.

olwaylon
Jan-29-2016, 6:48am
Hi my gal is mandolin beginner , she shops everytime ahhah
waiting togot a day a good destressed one.

i have a big trouble on my old 95's Epiphone F
i bought this mando from a ebay N.Y seller for approx.150 Us dollars
i had to make some correction on,new tuning machine, bone nut for the neck and finally new ebony saddle..:disbelief:
it cost me a half-arm :cow:
i used to set up from Ghs A60 Bobby Osborne's light medium gauge.
but the big trouble i have is the Neck i have a curve that begins at the third fret
Impossible to play correctly a chromatic scale on 123 or 321 frets , it's hurting your hand !

so the mandolin is very hard to play ,my luthier told me that truss rod had been 'completely thighten'

i've seen this double truss rod on this site

http://www.cumberlandacoustic.com/id2.html

would it be ok to change its truss rod ?

thank so much for all infos

stephane

Jstring
Jan-29-2016, 9:08am
I think it would require major work by a luthier to install this truss rod and it might not solve your problem....

Probably a bad idea to invest a lot of money in this mandolin...

I think you should buy a new mandolin, like a Kentucky km150, that is properly set up by a good shop. You will be happier in the long run...

Good luck!

Big Joe
Jan-29-2016, 3:38pm
A truss rod replacement can certainly be done, but it would cost more than the mandolin did. It is a lot of work. It may be just too tight and need loosening. That's certainly worth the effort. If it is a bad truss rod, it would be better to get a better mandolin than put that kind of money in the epiphanies.