PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mark Josephs

mrmando
Jan-18-2016, 2:18pm
Mark Josephs, who worked tirelessly over the past few years to promote the tenor guitar via the Tenor Guitar Foundation and its annual Tenor Guitar Gathering in Astoria, OR, has passed away from cancer:

https://www.facebook.com/mark.josephs.90

I attended most of the Gatherings and had a blast. It is way too soon to lose Mark. I have no idea if any of his work will continue.

fox
Jan-18-2016, 2:37pm
That is bad news .... RIP Mark.

Beanzy
Jan-18-2016, 2:52pm
Sad loss of a very important figure in this wee community.

Jim Garber
Jan-18-2016, 4:24pm
Very sad. Definitely a serious and loyal promoter for the tenor guitar.

Eddie Sheehy
Jan-18-2016, 4:25pm
Corresponded with Mark many times but we never got to meet. RIP.

mandroid
Jan-18-2016, 4:51pm
TGG not to return? It was Mark's Organizing and invites that got it going.

bruce.b
Jan-18-2016, 5:50pm
Terrible. He'll be missed. RIP. I wonder about the TGG too.

MdJ
Jan-19-2016, 8:15am
Mark Josephs, who worked tirelessly over the past few years to promote the tenor guitar via the Tenor Guitar Foundation and its annual Tenor Guitar Gathering in Astoria, OR, has passed away from cancer:

https://www.facebook.com/mark.josephs.90

I attended most of the Gatherings and had a blast. It is way too soon to lose Mark. I have no idea if any of his work will continue.

MARK WAS A FANTASTIC AND GIFTED PLAYER TOO. it needs to said ....

He could could lay down a groove ala steve cropper or keith richards as the situation required .... He was as generous as a player as he was with organizing and promoting.

An irreplaceable man.

MdJ

FatBear
Jan-19-2016, 2:49pm
MARK WAS A FANTASTIC AND GIFTED PLAYER TOO. it needs to said ....
Thank you, yes it does need to be said. I wish I could play so well.

He will be missed for many reasons. He seemed to make it his life's work to do good. I'm sure he died with the balance tilted way over to the good side.

Sweetpea44
Jan-20-2016, 9:31pm
Sorry to hear this .... he will be missed.

s11141827
Jan-31-2022, 11:27am
I even restrung a Harmony Stella Tenor Guitar (Elvis Presley Signature Model) w/ John Pearse 450 GDAE Tuned Tenor Guitar Strings so that it sounds mellower.

s11141827
Jan-31-2022, 1:27pm
I even restrung a Harmony Stella Tenor Guitar (Elvis Presley Signature Model) w/ John Pearse 450 strings as a tribute

Jill McAuley
Feb-01-2022, 3:27am
This is a six year old thread about the death of Mark Josephs - think you may be posting in the wrong place.