PDA

View Full Version : Sohn Vintage 23

bobrem
Jan-09-2016, 10:45pm
A new F model by unheralded Canadian luthier David Sohn. Sorry about the ham-handed playing. Recording is so unforgiving. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/E2FUYhDMVmU

roysboy
Jan-10-2016, 4:15am
Beautiful ....great sound and nice clean picking . Dave just did some fretwork and bridgework on my acoustic guitar . Plays and intonates properly again .

billhay4
Jan-11-2016, 1:32pm
I think this is a very nice sounding instrument, nicely played, too.
Bill

bobrem
Jan-11-2016, 1:49pm
I think this is a very nice sounding instrument, nicely played, too.
Bill

Thanks Bill. I have played countless live gigs but have not done that much recording. Doing a few things on my modest home studio is a humbling experience. Every flaw is magnified. It gives me new respect for the recording process and the talent of all the brilliant "A listers" who are able to pull it off.

billhay4
Jan-11-2016, 3:06pm
It does force one to focus, doesn't it? Listen to the good parts, and pass off the flaws as human nature.
Bill

roysboy
Jan-11-2016, 4:39pm
It does force one to focus, doesn't it? Listen to the good parts, and pass off the flaws as human nature.
Bill

There is nothing like recording yourself to force you to ' clean up your act ' . Its a fantastic learning AND teaching tool ( I record students regularly )and most of us have it at our disposal whether it be through an elaborate studio setup or an app for the phone . There is no reason not to take advantage of it when we are working at improving ourselves as musicians .