PDA

View Full Version : Longmont, Colorado

JD Cowles
May-03-2005, 5:35pm
Come on out to 4th and Main each and every first and third Weds from 7-9pm. #We try to do a good mix of singin and pickin tunes. #All levels are welcome, traditional bluegrass instruments only. #Hope to see y'all there.

Dan Adams
May-03-2005, 10:07pm
Nice to know there are some pickers up in Longmont. When I lived there a few years ago (15-er20), there wasn't a bluegrass musician within 20 miles of the place other than Dr. Banjo. Much like when I lived in Grand Junction, I was the only person ever to hear of a bluegrass jam. Now, they're poppin' up everywhere. A good sign for the genre! I have a good hour drive to get there, but I might try to make it some day. Good Luck!

Longmont? Is that like a suburb of Boulder? (old joke) Dan

JD Cowles
May-04-2005, 11:58am
hey dan-
there's pretty near a pick every night here on the front range. we're lucky to say the least. hope to see you in Lo-Mo one of these weds nights soon. where are you at?
jd

Dan Adams
May-04-2005, 6:02pm
JD: Out in southeast Aurora. Trying to get a few jams going in the area, but the 'pickins' are slim. Just like when I lived up your way! We have a core group that can get together periodically, and we're about to try a regular jam. The local Borders has agreed to host a jam, and another coffee house is interested. I'll let you know if it works out, and if it looks good, get it on this thread.

Slim Pickins out here is suburbia! Dan

mandoanon
May-05-2005, 5:10am
Plinker8 - let me know what you come up with. I am down in the Parker area

JD Cowles
May-05-2005, 5:58pm
yes, me too. will drive for pick http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif