PDA

View Full Version : San Diego, CA

toddjoles
May-03-2005, 1:53pm
San Diego slo-jam has been running continually for 20 years or so. #It's held the 3rd Friday of every month at the Del Cerro rec center 6:30-9pm. Slojam (http://www.slojam.com)

The slo-jam is held in a workshop format, 1/2 hour of teaching or discussion followed by everyone breaking up into groups where volunteer group leaders each teach a different song. #Arrangments, vocals and breaks are worked out with everones input. #Then comes the best part, each group gets to perform their song with comments afterwords from the audience. #Comment are kept positive and uplifting as encourage not discourage.

Now get this!! This is open to ANY level player!! #Even if you only know 1 chord you are welcome to come play and sing. #The evening has been designed to help you build your confidence in playing and sharing music with others. #I can guarrantee that you will have fun!

The basic focus of this workshop is to get people playing and sharing music with each other. It also teaches basic jam etticate and helps new and veteran players to better understand how different instruments interact with each otherand. # #

Afterwords we go out for pizza to get to know each other and build some friendships.

TeleMark
May-03-2005, 4:06pm
So, that would be happening May 20?

Cool. Also, there's an open jam at Today's Pizza in Encinitas every Thursday nite. I've gone to the last two, and had a lot of fun.

Thanks!

irishlass
May-24-2005, 9:44am
Are there any jams located in the Torrance/beach areas? Into Irish/medieval music. San Diego is a pretty hectic drive for me......:)

Dru Lee Parsec
Jun-02-2005, 5:22pm
There's also a 2nd Tuesday jam at Fudruckers in Grossmont Center El Cajon. All skill levels are welcome. It's a nice group with friendly people.

Jack Roberts
Jun-23-2005, 2:38pm
I've got to be in San Diego the third week of July. I'll bring my mandolin.

toddjoles
Jul-07-2005, 6:03pm
I just tried this one. The Golden Goose in downtown Lakeside has a circle open to all levels. It's on the first and third Sunday afternoon at 2-4pm. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

toddjoles
Sep-16-2005, 6:48pm
The Golden Goose jam has changed locations. It's now being held at the Crossroads Cafe in El Cajon. 1st and 3rd Sunday afternoon 2-4pm.