PDA

View Full Version : nortthwest North Carolina:

legendarytones
May-03-2005, 9:52am
Hello, myself and a fiddle playing friend of mine are looking to start a new Bluegrass band in our part of the state. We are looking for a guitar, 5-string banjo, bass fiddle, and dobro player. If you can play above the level of musicianship encountered at most jams, and are tired of playing the same old 25-30 tunes, and want to challenge yourself to play better, and are interested in picking some of the more obscure tunes/songs done by Monroe, Flatt and Scruggs, Jim and Jesse, Reno and Smiley, and also work up some good original stuff, then get back with me here.

csstanley
May-04-2005, 6:58am
WHat part of NW North Carolina are you in?

I'd love to get together, but I don't know if I'm what you want. I'm a rhythm guitarist turned mando player. Playing lead never really hit with me as it does with the mandolin.

I do know a great banjer player I play with in Danbury, don't know if he's be interested though. He's mainly Gospel, well, thats pretty much all he plays.

Oh yeah, I live near Mt. Airy.

legendarytones
May-04-2005, 7:06am
csstanley, I'm familar with Mt. Airy and Danbury. Whats the banjo man's name?

csstanley
May-04-2005, 7:21am
Tony Woods. He lives over around the Sandy Ridge area.

legendarytones
May-04-2005, 9:20am
Don't know a Tony Woods. Have jamed a little with a Tony Mabe from down around Madison.

csstanley
May-23-2005, 12:17pm
Wondering if you got anything going?

I happened across a thread in another board and MAN. I wish I had caught that one sooner. What is wrong with some of these people?

Hope things are going good in finding players.

Do you know Eddie Johnson? Clyde Johnson's boy. Clyde does the Merry-Go-Round up in MA on Saturdays. Eddie and I went to church together some time back in Pilot Mt. He's a great picker and thought maybe he would be one to contact to see if he's interested.

Sure wish I could help you out.

legendarytones
May-24-2005, 4:07pm
Chris how you doing? Some of the replys in the other board was crazy wasn't it? What does Eddie pick? We are supposed to have a banjo picker coming the end of this month to try out. He's from Danville. Hope he works out. Now I'm concentrating on writing. Have been sending some demos out to differant folk. Maybe get something recorded during the coming winter, only time will tell. Send me some info on this picker to my private e-mail. Later.