PDA

View Full Version : Lonesome Rover Band tunes

Dfyngravity
Mar-03-2004, 7:24pm
I am looking to see if anyone has the chords to any Lonesome River Band songs? or Mountain Heart?

Dfyngravity

mandoJeremy
Mar-04-2004, 1:22am
What songs are you interested in? Most LRB songs are 1,4, 5. G,C, D according to the root.

Dfyngravity
Mar-05-2004, 11:11am
I was looking to find the chords to "Stray Dogs and Alley Cats" "Listen to the Old Man" and "I Can't Get You off My Mind". I would just like to get the chords to these songs if anyone knows them.

Andrew Reckhart
Mar-05-2004, 5:05pm
I play 'Stray Dogs" out of a "C" position. I think that you capo at the second fret, but I am not positive anymore (I was going to play it for church last summer, but I decided to do "Seven Hillsides" by Ricky Scaggs). Just fall back the scale to find the next root and arpeggiate the chord. Once you have the main verse section down it's really easy to figure the rest out. Once I get home and can pick up the guitar I'll get back on here and post the exact chords. It is not too tough to figure out though.

Dfyngravity
Mar-10-2004, 12:20pm
I would love to see the chords. I would really like some more of their songs if anyone out there has any.

Scotti Adams
Mar-10-2004, 4:41pm
..a good buddy of mine wrote Stray Dogs and Alley Cats..Harley Allen...I played with him for several years...I believe he capos all the way up to where you play a C position and it is the actual chord of G.....if you think thats a good song wait till you hear the one about a corm stock he wrote...yes you read right....a simple corn stock..

Andrew Reckhart
Mar-11-2004, 10:16am
Here is a good link to some LRB tunes. They have the lyrics and chords for you.

http://www.roughstock.com/cowpie/songs/

When the page opens up just click on the 'L' (for Lonesome River Band) and scroll down in the artists column. Click on LRB and their song list will appear in the "songs" column. Click on your song of choice and the Lyrics and chords will appear! There are quite a few LRB tunes here, and there are tons of songs from just about everybody else available too!

Bluegrasstjej
Apr-01-2004, 5:18am
I was looking to find the chords to "Stray Dogs and Alley Cats" "Listen to the Old Man" and "I Can't Get You off My Mind". I would just like to get the chords to these songs if anyone knows them.
"You can't get you off my mind" is a Hank Williams song so if you search on Cowpie, search on Hank Williams and you'll find it.