PDA

View Full Version : Poll for Mandolin Project Members

craig
Mar-01-2004, 12:49pm
hey gang!

Scott has offered to give us our own little discussion section here on the Mandolin Cafe for this project!! #so, this is to poll you all and make sure you are in agreement of the idea. #that way our threads won't get deleted or lost in the mix. #what do you say?

we'll still be using the Mandolin Project Mainpage (http://www.mandolinproject.150m.com) to keep track of our members, and store our MP3s. #but, this way we won't have to fuss with the Yahoo! Group discussion page except for you to use to upload your MP3s and whatever other file you want me to put on the mainpage. #makes sense :0?

cheers!

craig

Bluegrasstjej
Mar-01-2004, 2:18pm
That's a very good idea! Scott seems to be what I would call a hedersknyffel (a very nice guy)!

Michael H Geimer
Mar-01-2004, 2:56pm
Yea! I hope this means we'll keeping going, and have ourselves a real SOTM club.

BTW: Since I've completed my project, I'll re-iterate an offer from the original thread. I'll happily record some generic back-up tracks of guitar chords and maybe a little chop that folks could practice against. Sometimes that's nicer than just a metronome. I'd just want know if there any interest before I put the headphones back on. I'm thinking just a quick AABB, done at maybe three different tempos from slow, medium, and fast. Anyone interested in something like that?

- Benig

craig
Mar-01-2004, 3:10pm
Benignus,

Bring it on!

Bluegrasstjej
Mar-01-2004, 4:19pm
Benignus,
You must be a very nice guy too!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to have something like that.

OzArkie
Mar-01-2004, 5:28pm
Good idea,Craig... getting away from Yahoo to something that works cleaner would be a pleasure.

Benignus, what is "STOM"?

Rgdz,

craig
Mar-01-2004, 5:47pm
it was Scott's idea!

we'll still have to use Yahoo! to upload our songs, or you can just e-mail them to me directly. #my account is big enough to handle them. #then, i'll post the songs up at Mandolin Project (http://www.mandolinproject.150m.com). the big plus is to keep our discussions here where everyone can join in!

i think he meant SOTM (Song of the Month)

thanks for the vote, OzArkie. #i wouldn't imagine anyone would object to Scott's offer . . .

craig

Nik-chick
Mar-01-2004, 6:36pm
One more vote for that one!

craig
Mar-02-2004, 11:40am
i sent Scott an e-mail and told him we'd take him up on the offer. so, keep your eyes open for the new discussion section!

craig

Jaded
Mar-03-2004, 6:28pm
Some backup tracks would be great http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

GVD
Mar-05-2004, 11:14am
Benignus

BTW: Since I've completed my project, I'll re-iterate an offer from the original thread. I'll happily record some generic back-up tracks of guitar chords and maybe a little chop that folks could practice against. Sometimes that's nicer than just a metronome. I'd just want know if there any interest before I put the headphones back on. I'm thinking just a quick AABB, done at maybe three different tempos from slow, medium, and fast. Anyone interested in something like that?

- Benig

Brilliant!!!

GVD

daikon
Mar-05-2004, 11:22am
Benignus:

I'll take you up on the backup tracks.

This whole project is a great idea.

levin4now
Mar-07-2004, 8:24am
Ongelovelik!

This is great. Now I only need to log into one place!

Laura Harmon
Mar-09-2004, 1:53pm
One-stop shopping; I'm all for it.

Laura Harmon