PDA

View Full Version : Best affordable Amps for tenor and vocals?

michaeloceanmoon
Dec-13-2015, 7:42pm
I'm much more interested in the 5 string and Almuse custom threads, but I really need some input from the Forum concerning affordable amps that I can plug my tenor into and a mic as well. I think that the Fishman Loudbox Mini would be ideal for me, but I can't afford the $325 right now. Does the Forum have any suggestions for acoustic and vocal amps that are in the $100 - $225 range?

Thank you so much, I couldn't find this in the MC equipment category.
Michael

darrylicshon
Dec-13-2015, 8:11pm
My wife uses a crate ca 60d it actually sounds good has 2 channels one for guitar and one for vocal xlr input. it has a tweeter that you can turn off if you want to play electric guitar. I've seen them sell for $100-250 most of the time , she would never sell hers,

Steve Ostrander
Dec-13-2015, 9:11pm
Check for a used Loudbox Mini from GC. That's how I got mine and it was like new. Or check on CL for a used one. They pop up around here from time to time.

michaeloceanmoon
Dec-14-2015, 3:25am
Thank you for the suggestions. Is anyone familiar with the Behringer Ultracoustic AT 108?
Those sell for $100, but I have no idea how the quality or options would stack up with a Fishman?

Thanks , M

FatBear
Dec-15-2015, 1:28pm
The Fishman is 60 amps and has equalizer, reverb & chorus, the Behringer is 15 amps and equalizer only. I have no experience with either of them, but superficially they look like apples and oranges. You can get a "mint" Fishman on ebay, shipped free today for $279. It's more than $225, but if it lasts you ten years then that's only 45 cents a month for the extra cost... :)

billhay4
Dec-15-2015, 2:01pm
My little Pignose ain't bad.
Bill

SincereCorgi
Dec-15-2015, 4:33pm
I would personally suggest saving toward the Fishman, but if you have to have something immediately, the Kustom and Luna-branded amps are decent multi-channel acoustic amps for less than $200.

michaeloceanmoon
Dec-16-2015, 11:57am
Thanks everyone I may be able to purchase the Fishman loudbox today, second hand for $175.
I appreciate the feedback and the Craigslist reminder. Just what I needed ready for sale!