PDA

View Full Version : South Boston, Virginia

dtb
May-02-2005, 1:58pm
Every Wednesday night, 6pm until the last one leaves.

Location: South Boston, Va. at my home. pm me for phone# and directions.

A bunch of half-a**ed pickers get together and jam. There's usually some sort of food involved, and lots of beer. Guitars, mandos, banjos, bass (any kind), fiddles, and singers are all welcome. There's no plan, just fellowship and jamming. On a normal basis, there's 4-5 to 12 and up folks that fall in. Sometimes we learn a new tune (if anyone took the lead to learn one), but mostly we just go. Many nights I'll record the jam and can have cds for anyone wanting one. We are the definition of amateur, so don't feel like you have to be a player to come.

I personally would love to have anyone interested to drop in. Just give me a yell.

Dan

Devon Headen
May-02-2005, 7:56pm
Hey, that's pretty darn close to me. I live in Martinsville. I might get in touch with you sometime, but usually my Wed nights are really tied up.

dtb
May-03-2005, 1:10pm
anytime Sir. come on down. We've been doing the Wed. night for 4-5 years. Depending on where in Martinsville....you're like 55-60 miles.

Devon Headen
May-03-2005, 9:55pm
I know, I have family there. I should really ask around and see if I can find a jam group here in town.

dtb
May-04-2005, 3:24pm
I may know them.......