PDA

View Full Version : XM radio Bluegrass Junction

Mark Wilson
Dec-11-2015, 3:09pm
Has left the station...

siriusxm-to-preempt-bluegrass-channel-for-radio-hanukkah (http://bluegrasstoday.com/siriusxm-to-preempt-bluegrass-channel-for-radio-hanukkah/)

I thought it was a glitch til I looked it up online

Tom Sanderson
Dec-11-2015, 3:53pm
It is still on on the Internet. It will be back on the regular radios after Hanukkah I believe. I think it stinks because I pay for siriusXM just to have the bluegrass station.

Bruce Cech
Dec-11-2015, 3:56pm
Has left the station...

siriusxm-to-preempt-bluegrass-channel-for-radio-hanukkah (http://bluegrasstoday.com/siriusxm-to-preempt-bluegrass-channel-for-radio-hanukkah/)

I thought it was a glitch til I looked it up online

You do know it is just for the season, right. They did the same to country music which is now Country Christmas.

Tom Sanderson
Dec-11-2015, 5:08pm
You do know it is just for the season, right. They did the same to country music which is now Country Christmas.
At least it is "Country" Christmas, I would not mind if was it Hanukkah bluegrass if there is such a thing. . Bluegrass Junction is the only reason I subscribe. I sent them an email about it

MandoHog
Dec-11-2015, 5:26pm
Lets ALL protest about this. There are some 400 channels to choose from. Baseball channels seem to me to be a likely place. Or maybe one of the SEVEN comedy channels? Bluegrass has ONE choice. SXM obviously doesn't understand or value Bluegrass listeners or they wouldn't make such a rude change and leave us with so few options. True it is on the internet still. But so is The Bluegrass Mix, Pandora, Spotify and MANY other options that don't cost over $200 per year. I have sent about 5 emails and posted to FB about this and my intention to cancel my subscription when my term is up. If they view us as the weakest link in their system then I will vote against them with my dollars.

Tom Sanderson
Dec-11-2015, 6:15pm
Not a good idea to talk like that on the café. It's a violation of the rules.

bigskygirl
Dec-11-2015, 9:21pm
I've been listening to Mandozine Radio since they pre-empted Bluegrass Junction though I did listen to some of the Hanukkah music...it was kind of interesting as it's something I would not otherwise have been exposed to and it's only for a few days...

The app Live 365 is a free download and my teacher Emory Lester is the featured artist this month so I may just stay with the Live 365 app and ditch Sirius XM - I really only like the Del McCrory show anyway. I have to sit thru a few comercials but there are alot of stations available on the app that play BG.

Willie Poole
Dec-11-2015, 9:26pm
<violates forum posting guidelines.>

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-12-2015, 2:47am
Here's a few 'free ones'' to be going on with :- https://www.internet-radio.com/stations/bluegrass/ I've used 'The Bluegrass Mix' fort several years now & i think it's pretty good overall. I used to listen to ''Front Porch Bluegrass'' until ''somehow'' it started spouting UK adverts,
Ivan;)

Jim Taylor
Dec-15-2015, 6:37pm
Not that it matters anymore, but here's what I got:
---------------
Hello ,
Bluegrass Junction will return to channel 61 on December 15. As with our other holiday channels, Radio Hanukkah is a temporary channel for the holiday season that takes the place of an existing channel for a short time (for instance, Holly took over Velvet last month). In the meantime, Bluegrass Junction remains available on smart phones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com. Thank you as always for your feedback and for being a loyal listener.
Sincerely,
William
SiriusXM
--------------
So we got rolled by corporate..... Hummm...

Mark Wilson
Dec-15-2015, 7:47pm
I'm on a 4 month XM trial with the wife's new car. TBH there's not a lot on XM I like over streaming via smart phone. But I did listen to Bluegrass Junction. Well until lately...

Tom Sanderson
Dec-16-2015, 12:41am
It's back! I have had XM radio since I bought my 2008 GMC truck new. I love bluegrass junction, I listen all the time. I even pay the extra 3 or 4 bucks a month to get it over the Internet so I get it at work .I've learned so much about Bill Monroe, Lester & Earl, Jimmy Martin, etc. I have been introduced to all the new up and coming bands and artists. It was truly painful to me while it was not on the radio even though it was still available online.