PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating tab on a PDF file?

FrDNicholas
Nov-28-2015, 11:58am
I'm just wondering if on a PDF file that has both standard notation and tab underneath it, if there's a way to erase the tab and leave the standard notation? That way I can have more of the tune before stopping to scroll down. Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed.

Mark Wilson
Nov-28-2015, 12:15pm
The old fashioned way always works. (assuming you have a windows pc) Open the pdf and set the size for best screen fit. Use an app like "Snipping Tool" (found in windows accessories folder) and cut out each line of notation and paste in to a word document. Once you have it looking like you like it - save to pdf. Takes about 5 minutes if you are familiar with cut and paste.

foldedpath
Nov-28-2015, 12:22pm
I've done it with Photoshop, and any similar image editor would work. Load the PDF, cut out the standard notation lines and then paste them as layers into a new file. Add the tune title and any other relevant info, then save it as a new PDF.

Mark's method above will work too, but it may not preserve the original resolution of the PDF image. It still may be good enough, depending on the screen resolution you're working at.

Kip Carter
Nov-28-2015, 12:22pm
To add on to Marks comment ... if you have Microsnots Orfice then you have a screen clip tool that comes as part of Onenote. use that and paste it into paint that comes with winders.. from there just copy sections and paste them over the parts you want to wipe out as Mark mentioned... home free.. compressed!

FrDNicholas
Nov-28-2015, 12:27pm
OK, I pulled up the snipping tool, (never used this before) but when I go to highlight the standard notation, it highlights the tab as well. Is there a particular setting for the snipping tool that will work? I tried the "free form" and the rectangular form, but both seem to pick up the tab staff as well????

Mark Wilson
Nov-28-2015, 1:06pm
Use the mouse to draw a rectangle over only what you want. Then copy the selection and paste elsewhere. Ctrl+N to redraw if you miss

FrDNicholas
Nov-28-2015, 1:40pm
I am highlighting with the mouse, but it's still including the Tab.

Mark Wilson
Nov-28-2015, 1:53pm
Not sure what to suggest. I do it all the time. I just tried this on a pdf and C&P the first two notation lines below the original. Maybe not what you are trying to do.

FrDNicholas
Nov-28-2015, 1:58pm
It's probably my older computer. You know like some of us, it doesn't quite do what some of the younger ones can. Thank you for trying to help.

JeffD
Nov-28-2015, 9:20pm
You can export the PDF out to a JPEG, edit it in Paintbrush, and print back to PDF. (Did I say that right?)

jaycat
Nov-29-2015, 3:46pm
Print out the pdf's, take a pair of scissors and get rid of the tabs, then tape back together with scotch tape. Works every time!