PDA

View Full Version : The other "Elen" art & mando auction

Mar-03-2004, 12:24pm
I'm moving this to a seperate thread.......just in case some of you havn't seen it.

"Last bid posted before midnight on March 5, 2004 will have the honor of sending Scott Tichenor a donation check. #Upon receipt, I will send the painting insured to the highest bidder. #Don't forget that your payment is for a non-profit corporation (possible tax write-off situation?). "

Posted: Mar. 02 2004, 10:01 # #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check this out.......

I'll offer a mando & a "Elen" art showing oversize glossy postcard 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" suitable for framing as auction #2 on this thread.

That's right, you get the mando (no, I'm not gonna tell ya what kind it is, other than it's as new) & the art show card in this deal.

Auction #2 Mystery Mando & Elen art show card suitable for framing......

Same terms as original auction. Once Scott gets the green, I'll ship the mando & card.

Mar-03-2004, 12:25pm
J Mark Lane has the bid @ $100

Karen Kay
Mar-03-2004, 2:33pm
$110.00 from the world's tallest mandolin couple
R&K

CharlieKnuth
Mar-03-2004, 3:17pm
I'll go $130.

Tiderider
Mar-03-2004, 3:38pm
I'll play, get off your wallets cause the bid just went to $150.00.
Good work Dale.
Lee

J. Mark Lane
Mar-03-2004, 3:43pm
$140.

You guys might also want to note that this little auction thingy, which started over in the "Elen" thread under this same category, also has a separate bid going for one of Elen's real paintings. That was the original auction, and then Dale kindly put this mystery mando up, too.

So... I'll have to jump over there and see if anyone has outbid me on the painting. In the meantime, I think this makes me the high bidder on the mandolin, which I'm convinced is a Gilchrist <g>.

Mark

J. Mark Lane
Mar-03-2004, 3:47pm
Uh oh. Lee posted while I was writing. Hm. Where's everyone else? I'm gonna scope out the competition.... Lee's the high bidder ... for now. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Scott Tichenor
Mar-03-2004, 6:50pm
Just to be sure, that donation doesn't go to me. It'll go to the Symposium Scholarship Fund. When this is all said and done the check for tax deduction purposes should be made out to: Worldview Cultural Performances

I would like to the check mailed to me though so I can confirm and track all of the funds going into this little event. Thanks everyone!

Bob Kellett
Mar-03-2004, 7:11pm
Let's bump this up a little..... I'll bid $250.

Tiderider
Mar-03-2004, 7:16pm
Let's bump this up a little..... I'll bid $250.
OUCH!!! That hurt, but you're the man.

Lee

Mar-04-2004, 11:24am
You folks are doing a fine job on this auction.....keep bidding & I'll upgrade that mando...if it reachs $300 I'll switch it to this....

J. Mark Lane
Mar-04-2004, 11:54am
$300.

Mar-04-2004, 12:05pm
Congrats To J Mark Lane who appears to be the new owner of a fine Mid Missouri MO & Gigbag....Plus the "Elen" art postcard!

Unless there is another bid of course!...... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

J. Mark Lane
Mar-04-2004, 1:04pm
Cool!

Jim M.
Mar-04-2004, 4:39pm
Well, I didn't see a "going, going, gone", so I'll jump in with $325.

Mar-05-2004, 9:47am
I upgraded this just so some of you new players could jump in here. This is a super clean used Mid Missouri MO w/gigbag. You can get a great mando & help a great cause at the same time! I'm paying the shipping so your bid is your final cost...Hello...anybody out there?

This ends tonight at midnight so go rob your piggy banks!!

J. Mark Lane
Mar-05-2004, 1:13pm
This nice little mandolin lists for over $500, and although you might be able to find it at a street price of around $450, you wouldn't have the satisfaction of contributing to a good cause (or the tax deduction, either).

So have a close look, folks. This is a deal by any standards, and great deal here today.

Mark (auctioneer extraordinaire)

jcs271
Mar-05-2004, 1:22pm
I'm in $330

Jim M.
Mar-05-2004, 3:44pm
$350

Brookside
Mar-05-2004, 11:08pm
$351 http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

mandoJeremy
Mar-05-2004, 11:22pm
Didn't see Dale post a "it's over at texan time on this one". Is it a double standard or just that redundancy that you texan guys have? Don't worry about that time zone, it wasn't written or expressed by the permission of the Cafe League.

Mar-06-2004, 12:21am
Midnight Pacific time folks........ http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif It's about 11:30 pm here in the Great state of Texas.....so 2 1/2 hrs to go!

Brookside
Mar-06-2004, 3:00am
While everyone is snug in their beds getting their beauty sleep, I bought myself a nice mando.

J. Mark Lane
Mar-06-2004, 9:21am
Congrats! You got a good deal.

Brookside
Mar-06-2004, 11:32am
Dale,
Your donation of this mandolin was quite generous. I just wanted to thank you for the opportunity to purchase it for the benefit of a great charity. I salute you.

Where can I find the address to mail the check? I'll have it on it's way immediately.

Stuart Hall

Mar-06-2004, 11:38am
Brookside, read Scott's post above & I'll PM you his address. Thank you for participating & enjoy your new mando!

Scott Tichenor
Mar-06-2004, 3:45pm
Thank you all for your support here and for Dale really stepping up to the plate. I've had the privilege of learning just a little about some of the kids being considered for the scholarships and what a class bunch of young folks. I'm sure there'll be more applying. This is a good thing happening here whether everyone understands it or not. And if you haven't had the opportunity to jump in and help out, everyone is welcome whether it's $2, $20 or more. Thanks, again.

...and thank you Elen for your talent and support.

mandolooter
Mar-06-2004, 5:00pm
Thanks Dale, we never knew your heart was the size of Texas too!http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

elenbrandt
Mar-06-2004, 10:00pm
I serve at the pleasure of the "Tichenormeister"...but Dale is the real hero here...

Brookside
Mar-10-2004, 6:53pm
I recieved my Mid-Mo from Dale today. I love it! Thanks Dale. You Texans are allright in my book.