PDA

View Full Version : Article: Punch Brothers Releasing New EP, The Wireless, Nov. 20

Scott Tichenor
Oct-28-2015, 2:38pm
You can view the page at http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/content.php?167-Punch-Brothers-Releasing-New-EP-The-Wireless-Nov-20

John Hill
Oct-28-2015, 6:22pm
So does this mean we all have to get oval holes now?

jefflester
Oct-28-2015, 7:22pm
A paean to the iPhone?

goose 2
Oct-28-2015, 8:30pm
i dig it!

Isaac Revard
Oct-29-2015, 8:20am
I'm sorry, the dude coming in and out of this video is creeping me out.

Londy
Oct-29-2015, 8:28am
Weird.

BradKlein
Oct-29-2015, 8:36am
I'm sorry, the dude coming in and out of this video is creeping me out.

Actor/comedian, Ed Helms.

Paul Busman
Oct-29-2015, 1:47pm

Only if you add a Tonegard :grin:

JH Murray
Oct-29-2015, 3:40pm
Ed Helms is also responsible for the Bluegrass Situation website I think. Not sure how involved he is in it but he is definitely a fan of the music, even if he is a banjo player.

jefflester
Oct-29-2015, 4:06pm
Ed Helms is also responsible for the Bluegrass Situation website I think. Not sure how involved he is in it but he is definitely a fan of the music, even if he is a banjo player.
Didn't even know about the website until you mentioned it, but Ed was one of the co-founders of the L.A. Bluegrass Situation concert series that started 5 years ago at Largo. I think things have progressed since then, with this year's concert at the Greek Theatre.

Steve Roberts
Oct-29-2015, 4:34pm
Ed Helms has very generously sponsored the Punch Bros. artist in residence program at the Oberlin Conservatory the past couple of years. He is an Oberlin College alum. My daughter is a student at the Conservatory and having the PBs around has been a gas for her.

dang
Oct-30-2015, 10:22am
Were those all AEA ribbon mics? Very nice sound.

And is that a Gilchrist F4 Thile is playing? I couldn't quite make it out...

JeffD
Oct-30-2015, 11:07am

:) And those who already play an oval hole are ahead of the curve? Or are we ahead of the pack because we are almost a full lap behind?

Mark Seale
Oct-30-2015, 1:42pm
Were those all AEA ribbon mics? Very nice sound.

And is that a Gilchrist F4 Thile is playing? I couldn't quite make it out...

Yea, Model 4 Jr. So, not only do we all need oval holes, we need Gil oval holes.

9lbShellhamer
Oct-30-2015, 3:32pm
"Sleek White Baby" = Cell Phone. The whole phosphorescent blues album was meant to be a loose examination of humans new attachment to social media, etc. (twas my understanding at least. I remember reading that...)

David Lewis
Oct-30-2015, 10:56pm
I liked it: then I listened again, and I loved it.

Great playing, and a round hole! AND!! A resonator Banjo!

Fantastic!

bruce.b
Nov-24-2015, 6:14pm
The National resonator tenor guitar sounded great! I really dislike the announcer part, but I liked the rest.

BrianWilliam
Nov-29-2015, 10:59am
I really dislike the announcer part, but I liked the rest.

Yeah, I found that distracting. That and the shots up noam's nostrils.