PDA

View Full Version : how to post pics

64lusso
Mar-03-2004, 11:50am
I am sure this has been covered but I couldn't turn up any advice on a search. I just bought a digital camera a week ago and would like to post some pics of my mandolin so I can get some advice on how to take a better picture of it. The Fuji camera I bought uses FinePixViewer to store and edit the pictures and it looks like I have to have a website address to included a picture with a posting here. I'd bet there is a simple solution, any advice?
Thanks, Jay

Mar-03-2004, 12:15pm
Jay , you do not need a website. Just save your pics to your harddrive on your computer make them like 700x500. Hit the add reply button at the bottom of the thread. Type in you comments. Below that is a browse button. Click it then select the folder where you saved your picture and click on that picture and hit enter. That will upload your pic that you wish to post.

Joe F
Mar-03-2004, 12:41pm
One thing to add to Maverick's comments: #If you do a "Preview", you'll have to re-enter the link to the photo before saving.

Tom C
Mar-03-2004, 2:21pm
Make sure the size is not bigger than what it says next to the 'browse' button.
if it does not display, make sure you read the error on top of the screen.

64lusso
Mar-03-2004, 2:21pm
Thanks Maverick, let's see if this works--Jay

64lusso
Mar-03-2004, 2:26pm
Hey it worked! Thanks guys. Now what I need is some advice on how to take good pictures. I will start a new thread and include some of the other shots I took.
Jay

Tom C
Mar-03-2004, 3:56pm
Horner? Nice mando. That wasn't the one on ebay was it?

Mar-03-2004, 5:00pm
Looks like a Heiden..

Scott Tichenor
Mar-03-2004, 6:48pm
If you go to the main page of the the message board and clear at the bottom there's a topic area called "Posting Guidelines for all member groups". It it there are some image posting instructions.

64lusso
Mar-04-2004, 11:09am
Thanks Scott, I am pretty slow with computer stuff in general so it figures it's on here somewhere and I couldn't find it. I have the same trouble around the house, I ask my wife where something is and she yells at me for not looking hard enough, half the time it's like my Dad used to say " If it had been a snake it would have bit me!"
Jay

billkilpatrick
Mar-28-2004, 3:26pm
2nd attempt to show you the love of my life...

...that worked. i own a pair of charangos and i'm waiting for a third. i know you're as anxious as i to see what it looks like.