PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Rover RM-75

coolhand
Apr-27-2005, 2:29pm
This is my first post here.

Does anyone know where I could find a Rover RM-75?

A reputable dealer is prefered.

If anyone has any suggestions of a decent F-style in the Rover price range, I'm listening. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Lee
Apr-27-2005, 2:53pm
Greg Boyd House of Fine Instruments.
www.GregBoyd.com
You'll see he's not the cheapest but he selects the best ones (or so he says) and you can be absolutely sure the set up will be right. Well worth the slight extra price.

Keith Miller
Apr-27-2005, 3:32pm
there are 2 Rover 75s on ebay at the moment, thinks they are buy it nows at $265
keith.

Frank Russell
Apr-27-2005, 3:53pm
I'll second Greg Boyd. He sets his up nice. Also try Buffalo Bros. They sometimes carry these as well, and Steve does a good setup on them. I got one of the Rover A's there two weeks ago for a friend's son. It sounds pretty good, and exceptional for the money. Frank

Apr-27-2005, 6:18pm
I third Greg Boyd. I have only heard good things about him.

salleyann
Apr-28-2005, 12:25pm
GRUHN'S IN NASHVILLE IF IT'S CLOSER.

RobP
Apr-29-2005, 9:17am
Looks like one in the classifieds too

Rob

coolhand
Apr-30-2005, 10:39am
Thanks for your help guys.

Gruhn Guitars has my mandolin on its way.
I can't wait to play it.

abelville
May-03-2005, 6:44am
I think you are going to be real happy with it. They seem to be pretty consistent by reading some other posts.

I just received mine two weeks ago from The Mandolin Store. Dennis Vance sold it to me and I couldn't be more satisfied. It plays like a dream and is beautiful sounding. Nice deep rich voicing.

By the way, Dennis Vance at "The Mandolin Store" is the best I've ever delt with as far as going that extra mile to satisfy a customer.

Have Fun with that RM75!!!!

Al

coolhand
May-03-2005, 7:37am
Actually, I had contacted Dennis about 2 weeks ago about getting a mandolin and he had 1 RM75 left. But, it was gone the next day. You got my mandolin! Just kidding!

It should be here today!

abelville
May-03-2005, 8:03am
Sorry!! Glad you got one comming today though. I would like to hear your take on it once you get a chance to strum it a bit.

Oh, buy the way, do you play other instruments too - such as Guitar?

Best!!

Al

coolhand
May-03-2005, 12:16pm
Yes, I've played guitar for about 15 years now. #I have always liked the mandolin and decided I would like to try one.

By the way, thanks to salleyann for the Gruhn's suggestion.

salleyann
May-04-2005, 4:49pm
COOLHAND,
I'VE HAD SEVERAL DEALINGS WITH THEM SINCE THE EARLY 80'S,
AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TREATED VERY WELL.

May-05-2005, 6:55pm
So how do you like your mando coolhand?

coolhand
May-06-2005, 7:41am
I like it a lot. Although, my left hand tends to start cramping after extended playing times. The tighter fret spacing is taking some getting used to.

I am enjoying it quite a bit.

Thanks to all of you folks for the help.