PDA

View Full Version : Images won't upload

67flh
Sep-19-2015, 7:23am
For some reason I cannot get images to upload to posts or albums. Any tips as to what I am not doing right? Thanks.

journeybear
Sep-19-2015, 7:55am
First off, you're in maybe not quite the right section. You should have tried Forum Software Support at the bottom of the page. ;)

No, wait - First off, Welcome to the Café! :)

OK, never mind that bit of fun. Right above the message pane, toward the right end of the row of icons - third from the end - is the Insert Image icon. Just click on that and follow the instructions. Your image will be posted wherever the cursor is in the message, so line that up first. Or not - you can move the string of code afterward in Edit. And a tip: Put a space below the text for your image to keep them separate.

If the image still isn't uploading, check to see if it is the right type. The software supports several. If not, open it with some image program and save as a jpg, gif, or png.

67flh
Sep-19-2015, 8:03am
First off, you're in maybe not quite the right section. You should have tried Forum Software Support at the bottom of the page. ;)

No, wait - First off, Welcome to the Café! :)

OK, never mind that bit of fun. Right above the message pane, toward the right end of the row of icons - third from the end - is the Insert Image icon. Just click on that and follow the instructions. Your image will be posted wherever the cursor is in the message, so line that up first. Or not - you can move the string of code afterward in Edit. And a tip: Put a space below the text for your image to keep them separate.

Thanks for the info and thanks for the Welcome to......... !

journeybear
Sep-19-2015, 8:09am
No worries! Here's a list of:

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mid mp3 pdf png tef txt

MikeEdgerton
Sep-19-2015, 8:29am
Most of the time with albums the uploader forgets to do the very last day step which is to Save. Make sure you're doing that and let me know.

67flh
Sep-19-2015, 11:59am
Most of the time with albums the uploader forgets to do the very last day step which is to Save. Make sure you're doing that and let me know.

Part of my issue was the file size was to large. As I am new to the group I am having a hard time finding where things are located I do appreciate the assistance!

trevor
Sep-20-2015, 2:06am
Another way to do it is to upload the photos to photobucket. Click on the image then click on the IMG box, bottom right. It should then say copied. Just paste that into your post.

Here's a random example.

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/trevor_moyle/p%20b_zpsfknx72oj.jpg (http://s757.photobucket.com/user/trevor_moyle/media/p%20b_zpsfknx72oj.jpg.html)