PDA

View Full Version : Silverangel #359

eastKYmando
Sep-09-2015, 6:07pm
https://youtu.be/-hINMg0XS_0
Here is my newest acquisition. Silverangel #359 with Redwood top. This mandolin is deep, deep, deep with a nice dose of clarity and power. It's only been strung up for about a week!

Skip Kelley
Sep-10-2015, 5:27pm
Sounds good, Donnie! Congratulations!

Jstring
Sep-10-2015, 5:35pm
Very cool, Donnie! It's the twin sister to mine...

Going to hang on to these ones, or is there a 2016 silverangel in your future? Haha...

I think I might even prefer the sound of #350, after hearing your recordings. It doesn't have the bass response of your new one, but it has a tight focused sound I really like.

eastKYmando
Sep-10-2015, 7:01pm
Very cool, Donnie! It's the twin sister to mine...

Going to hang on to these ones, or is there a 2016 silverangel in your future? Haha...

I think I might even prefer the sound of #350, after hearing your recordings. It doesn't have the bass response of your new one, but it has a tight focused sound I really like.

There is definitely a note clarity with #350 that would give it a bit of an edge at the moment, but the tonal depth of #359 is pretty impressive. Keep in mind that #359 has only been strung up a few days. I will play the fire out of it and get 'er played in right good...then I think you'll see a difference. I really prefer a pearl nut, seems to give them a bit more cut and clarity, so, that is something that will likely change soon.(I usually get a pearl nut install on all my mandolins...Johnny Rushing has been doing that for me, he does awesome work) I'll try to post another video in a month or so, for comparison sake. I really feel like both are great, but #359 will end up being the, hands-down, better of the two. Certainly can't complain having two that sound great and are fun to play.

eastKYmando
Sep-10-2015, 7:03pm
Sounds good, Donnie! Congratulations!

Thanks, Skip. I was kinda hacking a little bit...I had just got off my school bus when I recorded these...LOL. Being a bus driver is sorta insane, but it leads to extra money to treat MAS.

Johnny60
Sep-11-2015, 5:20am
I have to say that these Silverangels sound ace - even through my crappy PC speakers you can tell that there's a lot of tone going on.

eastKYmando
Sep-11-2015, 5:46pm
I have to say that these Silverangels sound ace - even through my crappy PC speakers you can tell that there's a lot of tone going on.

I have a subwoofer on my desktop, and, man, they'll blow the bottom outta the floor..LOL