PDA

View Full Version : Gotoh Tuners

Scotti Adams
Mar-03-2004, 8:33am
..any of you builders planning on ordering nickle F style Gotoh Tuners..well Stew Mac is temporarily out of stock..they ay for a month. I got to googling and International Luthiers Supply has them and $20 less too!!!!....also I found that Elderly carries the ivoroid replacement buttons too...needless to say I scarfed them up.. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

tope
Mar-03-2004, 10:56am
Scottie, the Gotohs that international have are NOT revears gear as the Stew macs are.

Scotti Adams
Mar-03-2004, 11:34am
..yea..I just found that out...cancelled that order...bummer

Scotti Adams
Mar-03-2004, 12:46pm
man o man..everybody is sold out of Nickle Reverse Gear Gotoh F5 style mando tuners....anybody got any they are willin to part with?....a new set?

johnnymando
Mar-03-2004, 12:56pm
Scotti,
I've got a new set of Gotoh F tuners in nickel.
They wouldn't fit on my 28F2.I had them on ebay last week and got a "buyitnow"at $45.00.Got a feeling my buyer is bogus,if I'm right you can have them.My email is
jdenn100@hotmail.com

Brookside
Mar-03-2004, 1:00pm
You may be in luck. #I ordered a set of gold, Gotoh, f-style tuners from stew mac a couple of months ago. #(part number 0730) #They sent me nickle by mistake and I've not bothered to return them yet. #They are still in the sealed stew mac package. #Unfortunately, they owe me $76.74 in credit as that is what I was charged for the gold ones. #I wouldn't imagine you would want to pay that much for them but if you do, I'll sell them to you instead of returning them to stew mac. #It is also possible that if I return them they will immediately have one available to sell to you and you wouldn't have to pay more than what they normally charge for them. #If you can think of a way to work this out so you get these tuners and I get my $76.74 I'm all ears.

Looks like Johnnymando has a more appealing deal for you. I'm going to go ahead and return mine to stew mac.

Scotti Adams
Mar-03-2004, 4:47pm
..I bought some off of Tope(Gary)..thanks everybody...this place is wonderful..

Scotti Adams
Mar-08-2004, 11:06am
Garry...got the tuners Friday....thanks a million. On a side note...I ordered the ivoroid tuner buttons that Elderly advertises that will fit Gotoh tuners. Well they dont...the Gotoh shaft is rounded on two sides and the buttons have a square shaft. Well I got my trusty Dremel tool out and grinded the rounded sides off of all the shafts and the buttons fit great now. I ground just a little at a time to be sure I didnt take too much off. They fit pretty tight then I screwed the screw in. I emailed Elderly of the problem so maybe they can correct the ad spot.