PDA

View Full Version : silverangel a little distressed

kyken
Aug-15-2015, 2:26pm
Here's my latest lesser distressed. Redwood to from the 1850's and sugar maple back. Got sound.

Hudmister
Aug-15-2015, 5:21pm
Got neck too. Ba..ba..bad, bad to the bone.

Ron McMillan
Aug-16-2015, 1:34am
I'm not generally a fan of artificial distressing, but this one's a beauty. On another personal taste note, I much prefer it over Ken's work with paintings on the back. Obviously many people love the paintings, but this one is gorgeous enough for me.

Ivan Kelsall
Aug-16-2015, 1:59am
Glorious work as ever !. I'd be proud to stand behind that one,it looks just like it's supposed to - old,like me,but in better shape,:grin:
Ivan;)

eastKYmando
Aug-18-2015, 11:46am
Here's my latest lesser distressed. Redwood to from the 1850's and sugar maple back. Got sound.

I had the pleasure of visiting with Ken on Sunday, and during that visit I got to play this mandolin.
Man, talk about a killer....all the tone you could ask for and really clear. Rare to play a mandolin as deep as this with the amount of volume, clarity and power that this mandolin has. I have been a big advocate of Ken's mandolins for years....but when says he's tapped into something special, he gets my attention. I've played his last two new builds, special would be an understatement. Would go as far as to say they're as good as I've ever played. Period.