PDA

View Full Version : Help on a silly problem please

Keith Newell
Aug-09-2015, 11:41am
I want to add a link to my signature that will say "More Newell Mandolins" to a folder on my facebook that anyone can see even if your not a member of Facebook. I used to know how to do that but I can't remember now.
Thanks
Keith

TheOne-N-OnlyHomer
Aug-09-2015, 2:16pm
Sorry man I'm technologically stunted myself.

objectsession
Aug-09-2015, 2:40pm
Which part is giving you trouble? And do you mean an album of photos or something else?

To make a photo album public on Facebook, you click the little gear/cogwheel icon, and choose "public". (Confusingly, there are actually a couple of those icons on the album page, so just find the one with that dropdown menu.) I think then you just copy the link from that album page (but I'm not sure if there's a better public link).

Then on here, click on "Settings" on the top of the page, then "edit signature" on the left hand side. Then, click the link button to create a link in the text box.

I probably missed some steps, so let me know if you're having trouble with another part.

journeybear
Aug-09-2015, 5:03pm
The missing step is, in Edit Signature, type your sig line, highlight it, click on the Link icon as you would in a message pane, paste your url into the dialog box, and accept. Oh - did I mention you should have the url on your clipboard? No? Well, you should. ;)

Keith Newell
Aug-10-2015, 12:46am
Thanks all Yes JB that was the trick I just couldn't remember how to do it. Thought I may stop building because of family and work stuff but realized I can not just sit around for the little free time I have so I am building but it's going to on my schedule, my instruments and I now have taken time to actually play and gig locally. Much nicer, more fun and not on a schedule.
Keith