PDA

View Full Version : BRENTRUP A MODEL

cgwilsonjr
Apr-21-2005, 5:48am
Just ordered a Brentrup L-21v from Mass St Music. Should arrive today or tommrow. I'm obviously pretty excited. Does
have a L-21V? Thanks, Chuck

Mandobar
Apr-21-2005, 7:33am
i have an L21, not as fancy as the one at mass street, but i love it! congrats!

pickinNgrinnin
Apr-21-2005, 11:40am
No...but I've played that Brentrup at Mass Street a couple of weeks ago. Great looking Mandolin and a fine player. Had the opportunity to speak with J. Brentrup at the Mando Brunch and he is a very nice fellow. Also had a chance to play a few of his F styles he brought in for the Brunch. This guy deserves some props for the work he is doing today. I don't own one and NFI here. I'd guess you are going to love this one!

cgwilsonjr
Apr-21-2005, 5:06pm
Got it today! Wow. Spent about an hour with it. Hans said it would need time to break in so I tried to lower my expectations a bit. I was really amazed at how woody, rich and broken-in it felt/sounded. The G and D string are to die for instantly and the A and E sound 90% as great. I think I've got a fabulous future with this mando. I also have a 2002 Collings MT-2 and an A.L. Smart (A model) on order so life is good. Cheers.

Mandobar
Apr-21-2005, 5:29pm
wait till you have had it a while. the sound just gets better and better. congrats again.

JAK
Apr-21-2005, 7:06pm
Good choice, you won't be sorry. What kind of top wood/spruce do you have; red, Italian, German? I think Hans presents a great combination of tone, playability, and art in his instruments.

cgwilsonjr
Apr-22-2005, 5:41am
Wood combination is Red spruce and Bosnian maple. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif