PDA

View Full Version : Chris Thile Performs Bach: Sonata No. 2 in A Minor, Andante

darylcrisp
Jul-24-2015, 6:47pm
sorry if this has been posted in the past-I just found it and thought you might like to watch and hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNgC46wq-Xs#t=93

Paul Busman
Jul-25-2015, 6:37am
If you like that, buy the whole album. It's terrific.
Thanks for reminding me-- gonna listen to it while I'm in the shop today.

Baron Collins-Hill
Jul-25-2015, 7:13am
That is my favorite movement he has performed! Some day I will sit down and learn it!

Thanks
Baron

Cecily_Mandoliner
Jul-25-2015, 11:02am
Oh, that was beautiful to listen to and watch! Thanks for posting it!

hank
Jul-25-2015, 12:21pm
I was thinking of taking advantage of the Melbay 20% discount on Andrew Driscoll's "Bach's Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin arranged for mandolin". Thanks for posting the video. It was just what I needed to go for it. The shipping cancelled out the discount if your like me and want a book but you can make off like a bandit if you go with the E book option. Anyone have the book and have comments?

GuyIncognito
Jul-25-2015, 2:25pm
The book is a great investment. It's extremely difficult music that I'll probably never be able to play all the way through flawlessly (Though I got some of the G Minor Sonata down pretty well) Its great when you get bored just practicing scales and want something challenging and melodic or break out of the bluegrass rut. I'll find a few bars I really like and play them all evening while I watch a movie. It also gives me a deeper appreciation to the music itself and more enjoyment out of listening to the recorded works. I'd recommend going to Kinkos and getting the binding spiral bounded for easier reading.
The Cello Suites for mandolin book is also a great option and a little easier.

belbein
Jul-27-2015, 6:43pm
It's so inspiring to hear someone with blazing speed play something delicate and slow. Gives me hope.

Paul Busman
Jul-27-2015, 7:39pm
It's so inspiring to hear someone with blazing speed play something delicate and slow. Gives me hope.

Fear not-- the whole album contains some blazing speed too. Some of the movements are really fast, but Thile plays them so cleanly and so effortlessly (sounding). Simply amazing.

Joel Glassman
Jul-28-2015, 11:45am
Chris has dust on his headstock just like I do. Something we share in common. Maybe the only thing...

Stacey Morris
Jul-29-2015, 9:18pm
That was really nice. Thanks for posting it.