PDA

View Full Version : The Dawg and Me

Rick Schmidlin
Apr-19-2005, 8:41pm
I am going to see the Dawg perform tommorow night in Santa Barbara and I have have a backstage pass to meet him. I asked if it was okay to bring my CF Custon Weber Yellowstone to show him and I got the greenlight. Is anybody else going to this show? It is at Cambell Hall at UCSB.

chipotle
Apr-19-2005, 9:13pm
Wow!
I will be nowhere near the show but you are a lucky guy... enjoy the show!

glauber
Apr-19-2005, 10:55pm
Woof!

jamman
Apr-20-2005, 9:39am
I was backstage at a DGQ show last year, then the Dawg wasn' very accomodating to meeting fans backstage. He wasn't a jerk, his focus was on the show as t should be. He did meet fans in the main lobby after the show. You may be in a diffferent situation where he has planned to be social.

Joe Craven, however, lounged around backstage and chatted freely. You can't lose in your situation regardless!

Jack Roberts
Apr-20-2005, 11:35pm
Tone Monster: I'd be there myself, but I have to be in Berkeley. I hope we can meet up again so I can get some time on that weber of yours. I was astounded by it when I played it last week.

Rick Schmidlin
Apr-21-2005, 4:57am
It late and I'm sleepy and just got back from Santa Barbara. David played my Weber but said he likes a thinner neck like on his Gilchrist. Mike Mullins was backstage and loved it. David and I got along great we both love the music of my good friend McCoy Tyner and we both love BIX,Eddie Lang and Joe Venuti as well as Bill Monroe. Davids first set was 45 min and fantastic and the second over any hour. Mike Mullins came on for the encore and the two blew the house dowm. After the Dawg and found alot in commen and he is one of the best I ever met. An outstanding show and evening was had. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sleepy.gif

mandopete
Apr-21-2005, 8:49am
Mike Mullins came on for the encore and the two blew the house dowm.
Was he playing guitar or mandolin? Mike used to be in a band called The Acousticats and played some mean mandolin with that group.

Rick Schmidlin
Apr-21-2005, 2:25pm
Was he playing guitar or mandolin? #Mike used to be in a band called The Acousticats and played some mean mandolin with that group.
He was playing a real mean mandolin, it was a great duet with The Dawg. Mike also went up and down on the neck of my new Weber with the same speed and passion. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif