PDA

View Full Version : Help Transcribing this Mandolin Tune

LotoSage
Jul-17-2015, 5:18pm
Hey, all. I'm pretty new here so I don't know if this is the wrong place to post this or what, but I'm looking to learn some new mandolin tunes; in particular, a composition from a youtuber known as Danny's Guitar Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaYgR-cQTfrk5fXif_TIToQ) (excellent musician, check him out!) has caught my eye. I'm wondering if anybody could help me lay out tablature so I can attempt to learn the song for myself (I'm not very good with learning by ear yet, quite new to the instrument). Thanks for any help!

4uH7jZj4WHg

DavidKOS
Jul-17-2015, 5:38pm
I'd like do so but I don't have any way to make tabs, I have staff notation programs.

I can help a but, though - he's playing off a G chord, then using fingers 1 and 2 on the 3rd and 4th strings, in that little pull-off pattern on the 2nd and 3rd frets.

Next part is G major to G minor, C major to C minor strummed chords.

Then comes the 4-string Bb chord (3356 frets shape) then barred and moved up to C and then Db.

There's a bit in the middle I didn't work out but this is what he played most.

One point - he's sort of playing the mandolin like a guitar player in terms of strumming it, although some mandolin styles do sound that way...and it's his own piece!