PDA

View Full Version : New Heiden

KrittMoore
Jul-05-2015, 11:56am
This past Saturday I was able to drive up to Creston B.C. and pick up my much anticipated A Standard from Michael. His sweet wife Kay had a lovely breakfast ready for me when I arrived and we had a wonderful time talking gardens and mandolins. Both of my visits to the Heiden's have been very memorable for me.

I won't go into detail but all I can say is the mandolin is everything I expected from a Heiden instrument. It has all the tonal qualities I have been looking for in a mandolin. Such a sweet yet powerful tone and not to mention the thing is a beauty. Michael is a true craftsman making instruments that speak to me visually and tonally. For that reason I had to have one. Looking forward to years of playing and enjoying it. Enjoy the pics!

Mandobar
Jul-05-2015, 12:07pm
Sweet!

sgarrity
Jul-05-2015, 12:25pm
Michael is one of the best. Enjoy that thing!

Al Bergstein
Jul-05-2015, 1:40pm
I recently bought his A-0009 c.1994. It's one of the finest instruments I've ever played. Enjoy yours!

pheffernan
Jul-05-2015, 2:29pm
I recently bought his A-0009 c.1994. It's one of the finest instruments I've ever played. Enjoy yours!

Is that the one that was for sale at Blue Dog Guitars and later Dusty Strings? I will confess that eyed that one more than twice.

Skip Kelley
Jul-05-2015, 5:32pm
That mandolin is beautiful! Congratulations!

Cheryl Watson
Jul-05-2015, 5:46pm
Very nice. Congrats!!

Bill Clements
Jul-05-2015, 6:52pm
Congrats on your new mandolin!
Looks like a Hoffee case? Your investment will be well protected.

KrittMoore
Jul-05-2015, 7:45pm
Bill, it's actually a Calton case. Burgundy with green interior. Thanks!

Don Grieser
Jul-05-2015, 8:02pm
Congrats! Fill us in on the wood details. Love the color of the finish and the overall vibe. I sure enjoy my Heiden #A54.

KrittMoore
Jul-05-2015, 8:15pm
Congrats! Fill us in on the wood details. Love the color of the finish and the overall vibe. I sure enjoy my Heiden #A54.

Sure thing, it's got an Adi top and slab maple back and sides. Yeah I'm really enjoying the look. It's Michaels "shaded brown" finish. When discussing the look I was looking for I told Michael I wanted an "old violin" look. He hit it dead on.

Brad Sicotte
Jul-05-2015, 8:56pm
Awesome! Enjoy the new mandolin!

almeriastrings
Jul-05-2015, 11:52pm
Very nice indeed. Don't see too many Heiden's over here, but of those I have tried, they were absolutely excellent in every respect.

John Ritchhart
Jul-06-2015, 8:00am
How long did it take from the day you ordered it?

stevedenver
Jul-06-2015, 8:37am
beautiful indeed
love the dark binding
please when you can, some sound clips

KrittMoore
Jul-06-2015, 9:27am
How long did it take from the day you ordered it?

it was close to a year and a half and
Well worth the wait! However, I am unsure of his current wait time. He had a couple of beauties he was finishing up on his bench that I believe he said were headed to Carter Vintage in Nashville. Not sure if they are already spoken for but wow they were lookers. Your best bet would be to contact Michael directly.

KrittMoore
Jul-06-2015, 9:29am
beautiful indeed
love the dark binding
please when you can, some sound clips

Will get some clips up this week.
Thanks!

Atlanta Mando Mike
Jul-06-2015, 9:59am
Awesome!!!

Joey Anchors
Jul-06-2015, 11:19am
Very very nice looking A style! I've been away from "Pearl" for a week now (on vacation).. I hope she doesn't mind me looking at other fine mandos ;)

jmagill
Jul-06-2015, 3:51pm
Congratulations!

I was in Ireland for two weeks last month and the thing I missed most was my Heiden...

darylcrisp
Jul-06-2015, 6:32pm
beautiful mandolin!
the look of yours is amazing-very organic, very classy
i love looking at Heidens, they just have something that speaks volumes without even laying hands on one.
looking forward to the soundclips
d

KrittMoore
Jul-06-2015, 11:30pm
beautiful mandolin!
the look of yours is amazing-very organic, very classy
i love looking at Heidens, they just have something that speaks volumes without even laying hands on one.
looking forward to the soundclips
d

Initially that is what drew me to Heidens work. I had never played any of his instruments. I had seen his bursts online and they really caught my eye. When I went to his place last year and saw them in person I was blown away. The depth in the finish was like no other I had ever seen. The images don't do it justice.

doc holiday
Jul-07-2015, 12:16pm
Congratulations! Michael is really at the top of his game & always advancing. I played with a friend of mine yesterday that has a couple of month old Heiden & it just sings. Every mandolin Michael makes has magic to it. He's really a national treasure. Every line on those instruments is well considered. As well as the tone, the fit, finish& aesthetics are beautiful.